Oblivious

A/N: Just a quick one-shot I wrote! :) I hope you enjoy! :)  xxMaureen :)

"Hey, could you help me out for a second?" I asked the guy walking up to me as I struggled to carry all the heavy boxes.    

"Sure." As the weight was lifted off my arms, I looked up and realized that it was him.      

"Oh. Hi." I breathed out. I looked away, hiding my blush and began to walk ahead of him.

"Just follow me, please."    

"Alright." His voice was so much deeper than I remember.

"Livvy..."    

 "Don't call me that." I snapped.     

 "But--"      

"Just stop, please." I begged, willing myself not to turn around and start crying.      

"Livvy, I came here to talk to you."      

"About what, huh?" We were almost to the room which was good. I was about to burst.      

"Us." He whispered.

I stopped. He barely bumped into me. His torso was in contact with my back. I could feel his chest rising up and down with every breath he took. A silence fell upon us. Until I broke it.      

"Ryan, there is no us. You made damn sure of that." I pushed myself off towards the room, trying to get there before tears could spill over.      

"Liv!" His voice stopped me. "Please."       

"I'm sorry." I whispered.      

"Wha--"      

"I'm sorry for being immature, I'm sorry for being clingy, I'm sorry for whatever the hell I did to make you leave me." I was on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry for everything." I dropped the box and I ran. I ignored Ryan calling my name and I just ran.     

 I ended up in a deserted hallway and I crumpled to the ground, tears streaming down my face. After letting my sadness flow out of me along with my tears, I got up and started to make my way back to the room. I skidded to a halt when I heard voices coming out of the room.      

"You really can't see it, huh?" A masculine voice, one that didn't belong to Ryan, spoke. "The way she looks at you... It's not the same way she looks at other guys."      

"It's been 2 years... I honestly don't know why I broke up with her anymore." This voice definitely belonged to Ryan.       

I crouched down near the doorway to continue to listen to their conversation.      

"She's changed, Ryan. She grew up. She got strong. She doesn't let anything get to her now. Anything... except for you." I heard a sigh. "She still loves you. I don't think she ever stopped."      

"I know... I just don't know if I can be trusted not to break her heart again."      

"It just depends on how much you love her." A chair screeched as if it was being pushed back and the footsteps were getting louder as they headed towards the door.       

My best friend looked down at me, he nodded and walked away. That gave me the courage to walk into the room. Ryan looked up, surprised to find me there. I kept walking until our chests were touching.    

 "Liv... I'm so sorry."    

In an instant, our lips were on each other and just like before, they had spark flying off of them.