Prologue

I was in a dark valley, surrounded by tall trees and from between each branch I could see yellow eyes staring at me. As I tried to figure my way out of this mysterious place, I heard footsteps following me. I kept getting the feeling that someone was following me. A few seconds later I find myself walking with a faster pace and in another couple of seconds my fast walk changed to running. The forest was really dark and quiet. I wondered if I screamed would someone be able to hear me but who would be living in such a place? Where was I? Why whenever I turned around, there was no one behind me, but when I begin to walk I hear footsteps. It was strange. It was the exact feeling one might get when walking in a graveyard. I kept running,trying to find an end to this path but I was nowhere near. The path seemed to stretch beyond imaginable. I cleared my throat to scream but not a screech came out. Was I stuck here forever?

"Simiran.....Simi........wake up!"

I suddenly felt hands touching me, someone was shaking me, forcing me to wake up.

"Simi quick! Get up before Dahdi gets angry"

Hearing of Dahdi , I quickly jumped up from under my blanket and starred at my sister. I was confused as to how I ended up in my bed. Wasn't I stranded in a dark forest, with someone following me? It must have been a dream.

THANK GOD! That was just a dream! The feeling of relief was written allover my face.

My cousin Disha, who was now putting a pink bindi on her forehead,turned around and gave me the obvious look like she knew what was going on inside my head. "Were you having those strange dreams again?" and yep! She does know me too well.

"I was, but this time it was different, It wasn't like the ones I have had before. It felt real", I scratched the back of my head,still a little confused.

I wanted to tell Disha every single detail about my dream but I had to get dressed before Dahdi showed up in my room.