Part Three

Jack ran off the bus and into the school building, sky blue eyes scanning for Mark. The only reason Jack hadn’t seen him the day before was because Mark had needed to go to the doctor’s to get his flu shot, just so he wouldn’t get sick.

        “Jack!” A familiar voice called, and Jack turned around to find Mark waving as he got off his bus.

        “Mark!” Jack ran over, wrapping his arms around Mark and laughing, “God, it’s been a long time.”

        “It was only the whole summer.” Mark teased, ruffling Jack’s green hair.

        “Yeah! Three months! Enough time for you to take the color out of your hair.” Jack commented, pulling back and looking up at the man’s now raven black hair.

        “I did keep the red for a while though, didn’t I?”

        “Mmhm. Still, I’m gonna miss the color.”

        “You still love me though, right?” Mark pouted, opening the door and holding it open for Jack.

        “Of course. No homo bro.” Jack teased.

        Mark smiled somewhat sadly, “No homo,” and fistbumped Jack as they headed to their first class together.

        As Jack babbled about countless things, Mark just silently watched the animated green haired boy that bounced around excitedly in front of him. Mark could never tire of watching the Irishman, he was completely and utterly fascinated with Jack and he knew it.

        Jack led Mark into Science (why is it always science?) and sat in the front, as he knew Mark sometimes struggled seeing the board from way in the back, even with glasses.

        “Markimark?” Jack sang, leaning against his friend’s shoulder and looking up with puppy dog eyes.

        “What do you want from me, Jack?”

        “I forgot my money at home,” he pouted, “will you buy me lunch, too? I know your taking me but I can’t pay and I’ll even pay you back just please please please please pl--”

        “Okay! Okay! Okay.” Mark rushed, interrupting Jack’s assault of words and run-on sentences.

        “Yay!!! Thank yoooou!” Jack giggled, clapping his hands together.

        “Yeah, yeah.” Mark waved Jack off, facing forward as their class began.