"I think you still have some time there Lil. It does go fast, but she's still your little girl. No need to be worried about college or marriage yet." The blonde laughs.

"Fair enough." Lily laughs. "So um..." She eyes the blonde for a moment, trying to think of a way to casually bring up a certain someone. "How are things with you and Karlie?"

Taylor can't fight the smile that easily makes its way onto her face. "They're really good actually. Surprisingly, our schedules have kind of lined up perfectly lately, so we've gotten to see each other almost every day. But right now she's in London for some project. I dropped her off at the airport this morning."

"Aww." Lily coos, only making Taylor blush more. "When is she coming back?"

"Friday."

"That's not too bad." Lily takes a sip of wine and places her glass down. "So are you guys coming to Dixie's party together?" She asks, tracing her finger around the stem of the wine glass, studying the blonde's reaction.

Taylor's face turned a whole new level of red. Lily just sat there watching her friend process the question, opening and closing her mouth while occasionally stammering out unintelligible broken fragments of words.

"I take it you haven't talked about it with her yet?" Lily says quietly, trying not to smile at how flushed her friend's face has become.

Taylor shakes her head slowly, the thought never even crossing her mind. She knew the two were friends, but for some reason, she hadn't put it together that Karlie would be at the party. She was still getting used to how integrated their lives seem to be even though they haven't been together for very long.

"You should ask her. You're both invited, and you've both told me you were coming, so why not come together?" Lily asks innocently.

"I don't know Lily." The blonde says wearily. "I don't want to put any pressure on her or anything. We haven't really even been together for that long."

Lily shakes her head and sighs. "I think you and I both know that's not an issue." She comments, knowing Taylor was deflecting.

"I just, I don't know if it's a good idea." The songwriter shrugs.

"Why not?"

"Well, what about Dixie?"

Lily furrows her brows in confusion. "What about her?"

"It's her birthday."

"I'm aware. That's why we're throwing her a party." Lily deadpans, knowing Taylor was scrambling trying to come up with an excuse.

Taylor sighs, running a hand through her hair. "You know what I mean Lil."

"I do." Lily nods. "And that's why I'm not letting you use that as an excuse. You're both going to the party anyway. People are going to ask questions whether you show up together or not."

"I don't know Lil." Taylor runs her finger around the rim of her glass, avoiding her friend's pleading brown eyes.

Lily puts her hand over the top of Taylor's, bringing the blonde's attention to her. "You don't have to if you don't want to. I just think it makes sense for you guys to go together. But I don't want to pressure either of you."

Logically, everything Lily is saying makes sense. She would actually really like to go to the party with Karlie. But after everything Karlie told her about her management and all the attention this is starting to get, maybe it's not such a good idea. She knows people are going to talk and ask questions.

"What's wrong?" Lily questions, recognizing that far off look in her friend's eyes.

"I just," The blonde exhales a deep sigh. "I don't want to make things worse."