CHAPTER 2 The Bar

Anna's Point of view

Mia answered on the first ring. That girl is always down for a good time. "Hey, Anna!!!" "What's up hoe?" That's what we call each other. We've been friends for 5 years. It doesn't get any better than that. I laughed, "hey girl, you wanna hit up a bar tonight? Doesn't matter which bar, just something so I can get out of this house girl." Mia answered, "you know I ain't turning down a good time haha, and it's Friday- a lot of single men are gonna be out tonight." "Girl, you know I have a man and I ain't looking for another one." "Well more for me then", Mia said. "Alright girl, so be here around 8 then. It's 5 now, so don't be late." "Anna, you know I gotta get myself together, then get me a bottle so we can sip on the way out." "Yes, I know. Be careful! You know I hate driving with an open bottle." "Hush, girl. You scary! Haha, bye!" We hung up. I have to admit, I was excited to step out tonight with my girl just having a good old time. Tonight is going to be lit. I'm 25 years young, and it's important to still have a good time before your younger years are over, right?

The bar was packed with familiar faces, and some faces I have never seen before. Mia was already at the bar, and tipsy from sipping on her cup on the way here, which we arrived at 10pm because she decided to take a year to get to my house. Nevertheless, we made it and I was ready to relax and chill. The night was moving along, the DJ was playing all my jams, and my body was moving right to the beat. With a little liquor in my system, I forgot all about Jace not making another dinner because of his work. During that moment, nothing mattered but my friend and I, and of course the DJ. I was on maybe my forth drink, and the more I drank, the more the room seemed better and better. Life was happening, and I had no plan to stop it. Then suddenly, as I'm dancing in the middle of the dance floor (because I like to be the center of attention), I felt someone bump into me. As I turned to see who it was, and to apologize because maybe I bumped into them, to my surprise it was Eric Russell. I used to hang with Eric back in high school. Only friends of course, but I have always had a crush on him. He was also a basketball god in high school and in college, who also played pro, and still currently plays. It's off-season, so I heard a lot people where home for the break. Atlanta is a pretty hot city. All of the VIPs are always in town just for a good old time. "Hey, Anna" Eric said. "I haven't seen you in forever. You're looking beautiful, as always." I smiled and laughed and said, "hey and thanks! You're looking great too. How long are you in town for?" Eric replied and said, "how long you want me to be?" It was an awkward pause, then he laughed and said, "I'm taking a little time off. I've been on the road for so long. I miss home. So im'ma stuck around for 2 months or so. What about you? Will I see you again?" "Umm..." I said, "well, sure." I didn't know if it was the liquor talking, but I was having a hard time trying not to say the wrong thing to him. For some reason, I didn't want him to leave. "Yeah, sure. We can do lunch or something some time or whatever." "Okay, cool Anna. Oh, are you still with Jace?" "Yes, we actually live together now. He is at work tonight. Working late work is his life, ya know?" "Yes, Anna. I understand, but if you were mine, you would be a major part of my life and my happiness." I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. I stood there looking down as if I was in high school all over again. "I'll be seeing you again, Anna." He leaned in and kissed me on my forehead as he pulled me closer to his body, holding my body against his body. He smelled so good. I couldn't help but to let him take the lead with my body and to hug him back. He walked away with his friends and I was still standing there in shock with all the words he left me to think about. Mia comes pushing me and said, "girl I saw that." She smiled so big and said, "I know how badly you used to want that man in high school, girl. You better be careful, because I think he wants you too." I thought to myself, Mia is right, I better be careful. But it wasn't him I was concerned about.

—————————————————————
Hey ! Please let me know what you think by voting and leaving me a comment. I would love to know how you are liking the story. 🧡
❤️Ashley B