Chapter 2

The above picture is how I imagined the Tommy Crawford (Dad) character would look like.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelly POV

My alarm rang and I woke up with a horrible headache. I sat up on the bed, held my head in my hands and I squeezed my eyes shut tight trying to take in the pain the best way that I can.

I got off the bed and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for my first day.

:::::::::::::::::::::

I made my way downstairs in a green dress, black close toe shoes and my hair fell on my shoulders. I walked into the kitchen and froze when I saw my Dad standing near the counter.

"Morning sweetie", he approached me and kissed my forehead. "I made breakfast for you on your first day of work", he said with a smile on his face and pointed to the plate that was set nicely on the table. He kissed me one last time on the cheek before walking out of the room.

That's the thing about my Dad. He's unpredictable. One day he's a loving and caring father than the next day he's your worst nightmare.

After I was done eating my delicious blueberry pancakes and drank my orange juice , I told my Dad that I was leaving and made my way to the bus stop.

I sat in the bus and went through my phone.

When the bus came to a stop, I looked up and realized that I've arrived. I got out of the bus and made my way towards the building.

When I got into the building I made my way to the receptionist.

"Hello. My name is Kelly Crawford and I'm the new assistant", I said with my hands holding onto my bag tightly.

She looked at me head to toe and gave me a stink eye but I ignored it. I've gotten use to those type of stares.

"Are you sure?", she asked and I nodded.

"His office is on the tenth floor", she said and I made my way towards the tenth floor after thanking her.

When I got to the tenth floor I made my way to his office. I knocked on the door and waited for a reply.

"Come in", I heard him say and I opened the door to find him behind his desk with his eyes locked to the laptop screen, typing.

He was wearing a light gray suit, a white under shirt and a light gray tie that matched the suit.

"Your late", he said.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was only 9:47. I looked up at him confused.

"Y-you told me that I start at 10:00", I said stuttering.

He looked at me finally moving his eyes from the laptop screen. He closed the laptop and rested his hands on the desk.

"Lesson number two: when I say 10:00 I actually mean 9:30. You should be here thirty minutes before your given time", he said. I lowered my head and nodded.

"Don't worry about it this time. It's my fault I didn't inform you about that before", he said and I looked up confused.

I expected a business man like him to be cruel, evil and mean but he wasn't. Well I guess it's because I'm a beginner he treats me different. I have never met a business man that wasn't cocky and rude so I'll just wait till he reveals his true self.

"Let me show you your desk", he said standing up and walking towards the door. He opened the door and stepped aside allowing me to walk out before him.

"Thanks", I said.

"This is your desk", he said leaning his butt on the desk that had my name on it, which was right outside of his office. "Every morning when you come there will be files on your desk. Some will need proof reading and some will need to be set in alphabetical order, they will come with instructions. I don't care how much files you receive everyday, all I care about is that you get each and every one of those files done by the end of the week", he said not taking his eyes away from my eyes and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"My monthly schedule is posted on your calendar. You are to remind me about my meetings and make sure that I'm in the conference room on time", he said then took a deep breath because of how fast he was talking.

"Family members and my friend Troy are the only people who are allowed to see me without an appointment. Got it?", he said standing up, facing me and straightening his suit.

"Yes I got it", I said and he started walking back to his office.

He stopped by his door and looked back at me." You are to bring me coffee from the third floor every morning", he said with his hands on the door frame.

"How do you like your coffee?", I asked with an apologetic look.

"I like it the same way you do", he said with a smirk and walked into his office. I shook my head and headed to the elevator to get his coffee.

::::::::::::

I heard the elevator ding and I moved my eyes from the computer screen to see a beautiful, tall, slim, redheaded woman approaching my desk.

"I have a 5 o'clock appointment with Shaun", she said standing in front of my desk in her pink mini dress.

I pulled up his calendar on the computer screen and my eyes widen in shock when I saw "5 o'clock booty call". I looked up at her and understood her choice of clothing for the event.

"I'll come back to you in a minute", I said excusing myself and walking towards his office. I knocked on the door and walked in when I heard him say come in. When I got in, I stood in front of his desk, looking at everything in my surroundings except him.

"Mmmm...... I think your 5 o'clock is here", I said feeling so awkward.

"There's nothing wrong with saying booty call Crawford", he said laughing. "You can pack your things. Your done for the day".

I gave a shy smile and headed to the door.

"Crawford", he said and I turned around, moving my hand off the doorknob.

"Your innocent........I like that. Don't change a thing", he said and I just nodded.