mortica

"Are you sure your parents won't be home until nine?" Bryson asked as Janice guided him to her room.

Janice pressed her lips to his. "Yep, just you and me for three hours." She ran her hand down Bryson's cheek. "All alone." Her bright blue eyes seemed to light up as they connected with Bryson's dark brown ones. She pulled her dark brown hair from her face.

A smile came across Bryson's face, showing off the deep dimples imploded in his caramel complexioned face. "I love the sound of that." He kissed her again, trying to refrain from inhaling her irresistible scent. The fledgling's yearn to taste his girlfriend's blood was overpowering as she pressed her body closer to him. Bryson wondered if she could feel how fast his heart was beating as he tried to keep his mouth from watering. He quickly pulled away from her.

"What's wrong? I don't bite." She ran her fingers through Bryson's long black dreads.

Yeah, but I do Bryson thought to himself. He could feel his lips quiver as the smell of Janice's blood grew stronger. If only she knew that she was playing with her life.

"What's this scar?" she asked as she ran her fingers alongside the decorative brand on his forearm. It was the mark of the Changra Clan. It was the mark that separated him from Janice, or any mortals. As she touched him, his craving got stronger. He could feel his gums itch from his fangs as they urged to plunge into Janice's neck. Chill bumps covered his body and his breaths grew even shorter. Beads of sweat formed at his brow and his face became flushed with anxiety. Please resist he kept telling himself over and over as he tried to hold in the feeling of thirst. It had never been this hard for him to contain himself.

"Come on, Bryson. What is wrong with you? You've been acting weird all night. I'm starting to think you're not into me anymore." she pouted as she leaned in for another kiss.

Bryson quickly snatched away. "I have to go." His heart raced. He knew if he looked back, his urge would get the best of him. Things had never gotten this bad before, and the fact that tonight was going to be a full moon wasn't helping. He almost regretted his transformation, but if it was the only reason he was alive today. As he made his way out of the apartment, he was startled by a dark figure that had popped up in front of him.

"Where are you running off to?" Mortica asked, quickly stopping Bryson. As she stepped closer into the light, he could see who she was.

Mortica, beautiful, lusty grey eyed, red haired Mortica. She circled Bryson, licking the remnants of blood from her dark lips. Bryson couldn't help but stare at her full figure in her black leather dress and fish nets.

"I asked you a question."

Bryson shook out of his gaze. "I um-"

She cut him off. "You were just leaving your girlfriend's house weren't you?"

She really wasn't looking for an answer because she continued again. "She looks delicious." The way Mortica drew out the word delicious made Bryson feel uneasy.

Bryson's heart began to beat harder. Mortica was one of the most powerful vampires in the world. "Stay away from her," he managed to say through his fear.

Mortica shook her head followed by a quick sinister laugh. "Remember you owe me, and time is running out." Mortica grabbed Bryson's wrist and dug her nails into his ice cold veins, causing him to have a vision.

It was the day of the "incident". Bryson closed his eyes and the scene played in his head so clear. His body cringed from the realness of the vision. He was in the woods. He could practically smell every pine and every blade of grass. This was around the time of the uprising of the "animal mauling." A girl from their school had survived what had been declared as a dog attack as she was walking through the woods a couple of days before. But that didn't matter, the woods were Bryson and his friend's drinking spot and that wasn't going to change over some stupid dog.