In the begining

It was a dark and stormy night at Godricks Hollow. a boy at the age of 10 was lying in bed. Tomorrow was his birthday. He was turning eleven. James had been hoping that his friends would be able to come to his party. He remembered that he would be going to Hogwarts in two days.

Meanwhile, Lily was helping her parents do the washing up. She too was going to Hogwarts in two days but she didn't know it for her parents were muggles.

A day passed and it was James' birthday. "Happy birthday!" was his morning greeting.

"I know it's not much but it's all could buy with my money," said Sirius.

Sirius, Remus and Peter had been his best friends since he was 5. He opened his presents. He got a wand from Sirius, a broomstick from Remus but just a card from Peter.

Another day passed and James and Lily were on the Hogwarts Express. James was sitting with Sirius and Remus but Lily could'nt find a carriage so she asked to sit with James.

"Excuse me?" Would you mind if i sit herre?" asked Lily.

James said "no" at the same time as Sirius said "yes".

"Fine," Agreed Sirius unhappily

When they finally arrived at Hogwarts, everyone gasped in amazement. Right infront of them was a beutiful castle surounded by a magnificent forest. When they walked into the great hall, all Lily, Sirius, James and Remus were put into Gryffindor where as Peter was put into Slytherin. As they sat down at their tables, Dumbledore made a speech:

" To all first years, just a word of cauion that here at Hogwarts you will encounter some things you could never imagine. Now off to bed, all of you, except for James and Lily. Meet me in my office immediently".

James jumped where as Lily just looked horrified!

When they got there, they were surpised that Dumbledore had gotten there first because they had left before him.

" I have a job for you but you will have to wait until you are older. But for now I want you to work as hard as you can at Dafence Against the Dark Arts.