The language used for a particular activity or by a particular group of people
1) confused, unintelligible language
2) a strange, outlandish language or dialect
3) a hybrid language or dialect simplified in vocabulary and grammar and used for communication between people of different speech
4) the technical terminology or characteristic idiom of a special group or activity
5) obscure and often pretentious language marked by long words
1) The medical jargon was difficult for the layman to understand.
2) I read an academic essay filled with jargon.
From Middle English jargounen which means 'to chatter'.
argot, cant, dialect, terminology, jive, language, lingo, patois, patter, shop, shoptalk, slang, vocabulary
Twitter, warble, jargonise
The birds began jargoning to greet the dawn.
cheep, chirrup, chitter, chirp, peep, pip, pipe, tweet, twitter