Chapter 25

The Planning of a Party

John's P.O.V

"Alex, I need to talk to you."

My boyfriend looks up from his old, worn out laptop. I'm surprised he can even operate that thing. It's ancient.

"Wassup?", he inquires.

"You know what tomorrow is, right?", I ask excitedly.

"Wednesday?"

"Alexander, I'm serious."

"I'm just joking", he laughs. "Yeah I know, tomorrow I turn 20."

"I have a proposition for you", I say formally.

"OK.........", he nods cautiously.

"Well", I continue, "I was wondering....... If I could plan your birthday party!"

"John I thought we already discussed this", he groans. "We're going to do something small with just you and me. I don't want my birthday to take time away from anyone else's day."

"I know what we said earlier. But I was just thinking that, maybe, we could do something a little bigger. Not anything huge. Just me, you and the squad. I know they want to celebrate with you."

"John I-"

"Please!", I beg. "I'll make it up to you." I smirk and his face lights up like the Fourth of July. I know right then that I've won this argument.

"OK, fine", he surrenders.

"Yes!" I do a celebratory fist pump in the air.

"Don't over do it!", he adds quickly.

"I won't", I promise. "Your going to love this.

I whip out my phone and create a new group chat.

The Squad (minus Alex)

gay™: He said yes! We need to start planning now

***

"I'm surprised you got him to agree", says Angelica.

I had called an emergency meeting in Herc's room. We were discussing ways to celebrate his birthday.

"He is very stubborn. How did you get him to say yes?" questions Lafayette.

"Let's just say I have special ways of convincing him", I inform him.

Lafayette shakes his head "Gross, John. I didn't need to know that."

"You asked."

"How about we change the subject. What presents does he want?", ask Eliza.

"About that......", I sigh. "He has made it very clear that he doesn't want any presents."

"I swear sometimes I worry about him", says Angelica. "Who doesn't want presents on his birthday?"

I shrugs. "Alexander Hamilton. Besides, I'm making up for it with the party."

We spent the next hour and a half arguing over different components. The smallest details sparked disagreements.

"Lafayette, for last time, we are not making two cakes!"