NINETEEN: Revealed

Adam's P.O.V

☁︎︎☽☁︎︎

☁︎︎☽☁︎︎

It's been hell trying to pretend that everything was completely fine and normal, even when it wasn't. It was so dark, the light of my life had been taken away and everything was left behind because I couldn't control my anger. It was so cold too—even though we were in the middle of August, like the sun wasn't there to warm me with its heating rays. She'd been gone from my side for too long and now my mind was clouded, shading me from the joys of simple life.

On top of that, I was hiding away the pain of my wrist because I didn't want to be taken out of the games if it was no good to play with. I know, it's not the best idea but I wanted the scouts to see my potential and talent—they were the ones that had the scholarships to respective schools that I could attend to, or even agents that were seeking out the top all star players. I wanted to be one of those well known hockey players, in the way you'd perk up upon hearing the name Adam Banks.

It was only a dream wishing to come true.

Charlie bumped into my shoulder, "Hey spaceman, are you back down on earth with us?" I blinked, remembering that we were in our daily lesson with Ms. McKay who shamelessly rambled on about Edgar Allan Poe.

"Huh?"

He chuckled, shaking his head full of brown hair, "Man, you gotta tell me what you were thinkin' about."

I hesitated, not knowing wether or not I wanted to elaborate further with my friend about who I was thinking about too, "I was thinking about the sponsorships for schools I could go to."

"Oh, you're hoping to get scouted?" He asked.

"I'm not sure yet but I think it would be fun." I spoke truthfully, he only nodded before we fell silent for a few seconds before he faced me again.

Charlie asked, "Were you possibly thinking about anything else?"

"Why'd you assume that I thought about other things?" I quizzed.

He casually shrugged, "I don't know... maybe a certain girl in mind?" It fell silent between us again as I shifted uncomfortably on the grass tickling at my hands.

"Would it be bad if I was?" It's not like I was even thinking badly of the girl, I don't think I ever could no matter what'd she do.

"Were you thinking good things?"

I paused to turn to him, giving him a furrowed brown, "Yeah Charlie, I was thinking good things."