My Distraction

I knew I should cry. Put on a frown or even throw things about but I couldnt feel the sadness. I only felt happiness. Happy that I never had to face another viciuos beating. Never have to face more insults and punches from my Uncle that has 'taken care' of me for the past 5 years after my parents death.Never again would i have to keep my little sister locked in her room for every hour apart from school so she would never get hurt.  To say I was pleased would be the understatement of a century. Hell I wanted to get up and go dance of his grave but that might make the social worker in frount of me suspicious so I just bowed my head and tried to not smile.

“Now I know this is sudden and unexpected but I would like you to know we will find you and Lilly another sutible home” HA! Unexpected! He we a lying drug dealing dick, his death was expected years ago.

“But for the mean time you will be placed in the Miss Mary's foster home. Unfortunatly it is placed a while from here in San Diago but it is the only place that would take the both of you” Lucy whispered the last part that made me smile. Lets just say that most foster places would accept a angry, uncontrollable, rude yet silent teenager with a history of drugs, fighting and abuse. No wonder why it was so far away. Miss Mary must be one confident women.

Although I wasnt half of those things. I was a angry girl but kept it inside and I could control myself sometimes. I was a very silent person that made me seem dangerous and the drugs I only did when I had been beaten badly and needed something to take away the pain. The abuse however was unfortunatly not a lie but no one knew about it really. I had never made friends here and was just known as the girl with the hood, which was fine with me. I was more of a loner type of person but i didnt mind as my Lily was all i needed to be content.

“Now we know this is a big change but we have got a flight for you two tonight, so you can take the rest of today of school to go pack and then be on your flight by 8:00. Does that sound okay?” Lucy asked making me feel better that she actually cared, or at least pretended to. I nodded silently and rushed out the room and headed home feeling so much better now that we would get away from the torture house and be a free independent people. Well untill we hit the ground in San diago and then we were Miss Mary's property.