Strings of the Soul

Strings of the Soul

Prologue 

“People say that music is their life and can’t live without it. 

May be that is true for them but for me, its different.

 I feel that the music makes life more interesting, fun, meaningful but you can definitely live without it.

Its just that life would be dull and boring.

Even though I have never really tried to play any instrument, I love listening to the sound, the vibration, the music.

But, thats just me, a nobody, so it doesn’t make any difference. 

I know my thoughts are not counted but, I state them anyway. 

That is what makes me.”

She looked at the paper she was writing on and crunched it and threw it somewhere behind her, not really caring where it went.

Looking at her expression, it could be acknowledged that she was frustrated.

She got up from her chair and walked towards the window and looked outside.

People, people and more people, thats all she could see.

And she knew that she was one of them.

A nobody. (no offense)

Just another individual who is no different from the millions of people of the world.

Just another uninteresting person.

She scowled.

After a few minutes of stillness, guitar could be heard.

She froze.

She opened her eyes in fascination.

She quickly relaxed to the sound of the instrument.

Her eyes got a new glow, a glow which was impossible to ignore.

She walked blindly, letting the instrument guide her.

She walked out her door, down the stairs.  The music grew more vivid.

 The source of the music was the living room.

And in front of her was her cousin playing the  guitar and she could she her mom and her dad listening to him.

“What’s going on?” She asked 

“Your cousin is displaying his skill on his guitar, and as you might have heard him, he is awesome,” her dad said excitedly and her mom smiled in reaction.

She nodded her head silently and she looked at the guitar on her cousin’s hand.

She smiled at her cousin and said, “Can I look at the guitar?”

He nodded and gave it to her.

She had seen pictures of a guitars and she had seen them being displayed in music stores. But she had never touched it.

The moment the guitar touched her hand, she felt an unknowing warmth engulf her.

It was as if, she had found what she was looking for.

Her cousin smiled at her reaction. 

“We got to get going as we have to meet your parents, Stephan. Take care of Livana for us,” Livana’s parents said and left.

But Livana was in her own world, she couldn’t hear anything, she was too busy staring at the guitar, frozen in excitement.

Stephan smiled knowingly and poked her.

She looked up, startled.

He looked at her in the eyes and he could see the familiar light in them, and said “Do you want to learn.”

She looked at him with sheer determination and said, “I thought you’d never ask.”

_________________

Ash here... yes I moved and that to , really far away .

And I am at a new school which is sooo different from my old school. And when I finally felt like  I was meant to be in the new school. I had to go to high school , because apparantly I am academically adavanced. So I am  starting high school at the end of the freshman year... yay its going to be fun. that was sarcasm. Its going to be first person but I felt I had to write the prologue in third person. If you are bored , it will not be like this. Its just to get the message out. This story has only just begun .

anyway hope you enjoy the new story that i am planning to write.