Moonlit Path

A/N: done for @markipliersamdudes This is not an x reader fic. The requester specified that she would like the reader to be replaced with herself. :) Also, she has requested that this be when Dark was still a kid. Enjoy.

I've always managed to be good with females of all kinds. Best part is, I'm still exceedingly young, so this is bound to continue for a long time. More recently, I catch more and more ladies becoming interested in me on the daily, including friends. There's this girl, Kappas...but she asks to be called Kylie for some reason, strange, but I don't mind. We've been friends since we could walk. She almost rivals Circe with how close we are, and that's probably why that cranky redhead won't come around when she's with me. It makes things a bit tense, but I can't give either up, we're just too close. We've been spending more and more time together lately, much to Circe's disgust, and I'm starting to feel a bit differently toward her. I vividly recall playing with her as a child every single day. Out of all the demons I know, she's one of the very few who has accepted my aspirations and quirks. She never made fun of me, never did anything to piss me off intentionally, and when I fell behind in classes, she made me study. Like, pushed my face in books made me. She even manages to make Abraxas smile...and that in and of itself proves that there's something special about her. That dickhead hates everyone with a passion...except her. Who knows, maybe someday they'll get married or something. He'd better make his move, no one else would ever put up with his incessant bullshit. Of course, I don't want that to happen...I can't stand the thought of my friends being tortured for eternity by being forced to live with him. I doubt even Circe would wish that upon her and she hates her. She feels rejected when she's around...like she's stealing me. Normally, I'd put Circe's opinion above anyone else's', but Kylie and I were simply meant to be tight friends and nothing could ever change that. Deep down Circe knows that, and that's probably why the two of them are in the same room right now and no one is bleeding. I came in and they both looked at me. Circe is the queen of dirty looks and she shot one right in my direction. "I guess today is my off day." she said, walking by me, giving me a scratch on the shoulder. I pulled my arm away. "You know, you're pretty mean sometimes." I said. "But I love you." she said, turning as she walked away. "I love you too, asshole." I said. Kylie scolded me for calling Circe an asshole. "Well, she is sometimes. I'm sure you know it as well as I do." "Yeah, but I don't call her one. It's mean." I gave her a weird look. "Are you forgetting that we're demons?" I asked. "No...I know what I'm supposed to do, but I'm never mean to other demons...especially you." she hugged my neck. I loved neck hugs from her...she's light as a feather and her skin around mine feels so good. "Whatever you say, Kappas." I said. She flicked the end of my nose. "What did I tell you about calling me that?" I scowled. "But that's your real name." I insisted. "It's my realname, and I'm not fond of it. Call me Kylie. Pleeease. You said your human calls you Dark. That's fitting for you, by the way." I sighed, defeated. "Fine, but I hope you know that's the weirdest name for a demon ever." She shrugged. "I don't care." Of course she didn't, she's the most carefree demon I know and I like that. "So what do you wanna do today?" she asked, grabbing my hand. "You know me, I never make plans." "So make some now then." she said. "That's still planning. I don't do planning." She sighed. "You are so bad sometimes." she said. "Look, there's about a million different things to do...pick something." "Well, if it's so easy why don't you pick something to do?" I retorted. She rolled her eyes at me. "Fine. Let's go for a walk." "Come on Kylie, excercise? I thought you were my friend?" she laughed and pulled me by the arm. "Being outside is good for you." she said. I groaned. I hate walking, I'm lazy. "Come on, Arioch, you can levitate since you're so lazy." I was happy to oblige, it took far less effort. "You keeping up back there?" I asked. "No! I'm actually walking unlike you." I stopped. I supposed I should walk too. I sighed and set myself down, waiting on her to keep up. When she did, she took possession of my hand again and all but dragged me along behind her. "Now who's slow?" she teased. "Define slow. One of us is definitely slow and I don't think it's me. " she pinched the top of my hand. "So violent." I mumbled. "Why do you always walk like you're depressed?" I raised my eyebrow. "What?"  I asked. "You always walk like you're depressed. You've got your head down, you shuffle a bit, and you look...annoyed." I bit my lip. "You have way too much energy for a demon. You always have...especially when we were younger. You're like a human stuck in a demon's body or something. This is how we are." She rolled her eyes. "You're just a stick in the mud sometimes." "What can I do to make you happier, master?" I asked, sarcastically. "Cheer up." I laughed. I couldn't help it. I'm never cheery...cheer and me, we're not on speaking terms. "See, you have a nice laugh." "I have a nice everything." I said, admiring myself in a pool. I felt two hands on my back and suddenly, I was all wet. "Did you just push me in? Really?" I asked, sweeping my hair out of my eyes. "No, the wind did it." she said, sarcastically. "It just came up behind you and was all like, fuck you Arioch, and it pushed you in with both hands. I saw it myself." I cracked a bit of a smile. "At least help me out." I said, extending my hand. She refused to take it. Smart lady, I was planning on pulling her in next to me. I pulled myself out of the pool and noticed she was blushing. Things had definitely changed between us. She was no longer the innocent little girl I spent most of my time with. She had grown into something...different. She was so tall...just like me, so pretty...everything about her was...it was great. I didn't dare to speak a word of it though. I have no idea how she'd feel about me openly admitting that....you know. She knows how I am, and I'm willing to bet everything that she'd think that I just wanted to use her, and destroying my friendship with her would murder me...even if she was still blushing at me being all wet. "So same time tomorrow?" she asked, as if nothing had happened. "No thanks, I don't like being all wet." I said. "Oh come on, you're not mad at me, are you?" she asked, making puppy dog eyes. "No." I said. "I just don't want to get pushed in same time tomorrow...or ever again." she laughed that sweet airy laugh of hers. "I won't push you in again, I promise.It's just getting kind of late. I should get going...but I want to hang again." I looked at her. "Do you want me to walk home with you?" She seemed surprised. Probably because I've never offered to walk her anywhere before. The only individual I walked anywhere was Circe...mostly because Lilith demanded it. Circe fights a lot... "If you wanna walk me home, you can walk me home." she said. I walked with her, checking her out as we walked. The blush was still on her face, but she couldn't see where my eyes were landing. We arrived at her house and she turned and bid me a good night. I barely responded. She looked at me funny and I said I'd be around the next morning to go to the beach with her.  "The beach?" she asked. "Sure why not? It's okay there..." she smiled and agreed to wait for me. I walked home thinking about her the entire time, wondering what she was doing.

KYLIE

I've had a massive crush on him for so long now, it's about time he picks up on it. He's not so great at taking hints, and it's cute. The only way to get through to him that you like him is basically by grabbing...well, you know. I'm not that way though, and honestly, I'm not sure if I could ever do anything like that with him...we're such good friends. I'm sure he messes around with Circe...but she's a livewire, how could he not? I'm meek and mild...I just don't know, but something has to happen tomorrow. We're only getting older...at some point I'm sure someone as good looking as him will nail down a girlfriend and then I'll have no chances to do anything with him. I've made up my mind: I'm kissing Arioch tomorrow whether he likes it or not...but judging by the way he was acting earlier, he'll probably beat me to the punch.

Arioch

I walked in to see Circe sitting on my bed getting ready to sleep. "Why are you in here without me?" I asked, pushing her over. "I can do what I want." she said. "Quit being so mad at me already. I told you I have other friends." She glared at me. "Moi? Jealous? You wish." she said. "You're totally jealous. Look...you're my best friend. Always, I promise, but she and I are extremely tight." She just rolled her eyes, and I wondered if anything had gotten into her head. If not, oh well. "So are you gonna kiss her or not? I'm tired of watching the tension build. Maybe if you do, you'll feel better or something?" "I have no idea what you're talking about." I lied. "Yes you do." she said. "No, I don't." I insisted. "You keep fucking with your glasses and you can't look at me. That's a sign you're lying." I'll have to remember to start lying in my sleep. My body language is so fucking incriminating. "Night, Circe." I said, pulling the blankets up. She landed on my chest with a thud. "Goodnight, liar." she said.

The next morning I woke up alone. I picked the strands of long red hairs off my shirt and stretched. I changed into something much more comfortable and stepped outside. I hate mornings, but I promised I'd be over at Kylie's by sunup. That was probably a mistake. I stretched again and decided to just teleport myself there. She's right, I am pretty lazy. She was outside watering plants when I arrived. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "I said I'd be here by sunup." "You're about two  hours early, dear." she said. "What the fuck?" my internal clock is such a fuckstory. "It's seriously like 3:30 am." I rolled my eyes. Botched that one. "My bad, I'll go." I said turning. A pair of hands on my arm stopped me. "Why not go now?" she asked. I shrugged. "There won't be anyone there, it's nice out, why not?" "If you wanna go, let's go. Hurry up before I change my mind." I said, winking. She walked inside and came out momentarily wearing a swimsuit...a curve hugging swimsuit. I looked away a bit. "I'm ready." she said. We linked arms and walked to the beach together, sprawling out on the sand. "It's nice." I said, noticing the lack of others and calm waves. "I told you. I used to come here a lot when I was younger." I tried to remember ever being here with her, but I couldn't. "Did we ever come here?"I asked. "Nope, I was always alone...but you were kinda here with me in spirit. I came here and thought about you...a lot." I wasn't gonna ask how far those thoughts went or if any of them had turned into actions, though I was curious. "Well that's...unique." I said, unsure of what else could be said. "It is." she said, placing her hand over mind. I looked at her for a long time. "I like you a lot." she admitted, blushing a bit. "Well, the feeling is quite mutual." I said, already beginning to feel energy building and colliding with the tension. "Well..." she started. "I like you more than..." I got the message. "You're beautiful, you know." I said. "Even more now." She laughed,and looked at the ground.I had the overwhelming desire to kiss her, and since I do what I want I decided to. I gently lifted her face and gave her a heartfelt kiss. I've never done that often. Usually kissing is just a part of getting it on with someone, and as a result means nothing, but this meant a lot to me. I could tell it meant a lot to her, too. For that I was glad. She snaked her tongue around mine and landed me flat on my back. That's when she drew the line. She just stared at me for a long time with this silly grin on her face, and blush covering her cheeks. "We should go somewhere else...I...there's a few more things..." I caught the hint. "Follow me." I said. "Promise me that we'll be friends forever." she said. I gave her my word and my word is my bond. Demons don't forget anyone they encounter, especially those they become close with. I haven't forgotten her or any of the time we've spent together. We still see each other every now and again, and we always think about that night we spent on the beach together when we were teens.