soulmates | ??

you glanced at your wrist, looking at the numbers that were counting down on the implant on your inner arm.

5:00. 5 minutes left until you meet the person you were destined to be with.

everyone was given the implant when they were born in beacon hills, it counted down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until you met your soulmate. you couldn't believe that after 18 years the clock was finally ticking down to the final 5 minutes.

you were sat in a cafe, knowing that your soul mate would know where you were. you sat on your own in a small booth, sipping from your warm mug of hot chocolate.

you glance down at your watch again, 3:36 it reads. you tap your foot impatiently, you had your hopes up so high that you hoped that the person that walked through the door was who you wanted it to be.

your stomach fills with butterflies as you see a familiar figure standing outside, they look lost until they see you inside, but their facial expression does not look as excited as you feel.

the door of the coffee shop opens and they walk towards you, you start to feel uneasy as they frown at you.

"it's you?" you ask, the hope dashed from your voice.

"no, no... no!" your soulmate mutters, "why does it have to be you?"

"oh, nice." you reply, trying to hide the hurt from your voice. you couldn't believe who was standing in front of you, the one you'd been in love with since they saved you from the dread doctors. you get up to walk away, you didn't want to be there if they were going to act like this.

before you leave you feel a hand grab your arm and you spin around, their face is inches from yours.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to sound like i didn't want my soulmate to be you... i've dreamt about it being you for so long that i just couldn't believe it, y/n. i'd gotten my hopes up so high that if it wasn't you i don't think i'd be able to accept it." they said, their eyes showing sincerity as they stared into yours.

"malia, i-" you begin, but you're interrupted as malia's lips press against yours, she kisses you with a fierce longing.

"y/n, i'm so glad you're my soulmate, i wouldn't want it to be anyone else." she says after pulling away.

"i'm so glad you're mine, too, lia." you smile before kissing her again.