Chapter 17 Fading Away

(Jaime)

It didn't take long for Jordan to find an entrance. At the back of the building, hidden by overgrown weeds and bushes, there was a small broken window and a door.

"It's jammed," Cameron announced and he pushed agains the door.

He picked up a stick and attempted to remove the shattered glass clinging to the window frame. "It's a bit of a squeeze but I'm sure someone small could fit through?"

Tony and I instantly looked over at Vic.

"No. No! Please not me" He shook his head at us.

"Vic" Jordan said, "come on. It's for the girls. We have to save them."

He sighed and ran is hand down his face. "Alright then. Let me take a look at this and see how I'm gonna approach it."

Tony and I followed Vic approach the window to inspect his landing sight.

"There's a desk just under this window so I think if I go in head first that'll be best"

"Just go in and try open that door" I said to his as I hugged him good luck.

He sighed into my chest "it sucks being short"

"I know, I know" I whispered as I kissed his head "I love you just the way you are and wouldn't change you for the world. Now let's go save Tay and Jenna."

We lifted Vic up and pushed him through the tight opening.

Once he was most the way in, we let go of his legs.

Bad decision.

Vic vanished into the building followed by a thud and a groan.

"Are you okay!?"

He groaned from inside "yeah, I'm alright" I looked through the window to him. He was just a shadow to the dark room "the table kind broke" he continued.

Mike, Tony Cameron, Jordan and I waited outside listening to Vic make his way through the dark room. Every once and a while he would collide with something and mutter curse words to himself.

"Mike" Tony said "do you wanna text the others and tell them where the entrance is?"

"Sure thing" he began tapping away at his phone.

The door suddenly opened. Vic stood in the frame looking proud "I did it."

"Yes you did" I said taking a step towards him. I noticed red on his arm. Blood slowly trickled down his forearm. "Shit Vic, you're hurt"

He looked at his arm in shock "oh fuck! That must have happened when the table broke." He inspected the damage "I'll be fine. It's only a small cut. We have more important things to deal with."

----

[Vic]

The building was dark, cold and dusty. I couldn't imagine anyone surviving here.

We made our way to some stairs. Voices echoed up them.

"Over there" Tony whispered, pointing to a door labeled 'viewing bridge'. We snuck over to it and looked through the window.

A suspended bridge sat directly in front of us. Beneath it was a dimly lit room with rows of metal tables. Around 20 men were sat on these tables.

Still no sign of the girls.

Tony pushed the door handle down

"What are you doing!" Jaime whispered harshly "your gonna get us caught.