Chapter9

I woke up in a all white room. I try to sit up but theres a sharp pain on the side of my head. I whince in pain and bring my hand up to that spot. I barely touch it and the pain excelles. 

"Ahh!" I whisper yell. I look around and notice im in the hospital. "What the --"

"Oh! Mason. Good. You're up" A doctor walks into the room. 

"What, what happened?" i asked, feeling uneasy. 

"Well, you were drunk with the alcohol level of .36, and, you hit your head on your night stand and passed out. Luckily, your girlfriend found you before you died." he smiled as he walked over to the machine. 

"Wait. what? I almost died?" 

"Well, you hit your head pretty hard. And when you did, it started to bleed alot." 

I looked around, shocked. I almost died. then, the other question hit me. 

"Uhm, wheres my, girlfriend?" i asked. 

"I'll bring her in right now." He walked over to the door. "You got yourself a good one" he smiled at me before he shut the door. 

I smiled abit and waited. I hope its not Amber. I dunno how she could of found me, but i just don't want to see her now. 

Then, i feel arms wrapped around my neck, wrapping me in a warm embrace. 

"I am so happy you're alive, Mason" 

Then i hugged back quickly. Realizing its Naomi. 

She pulled away. "don't you ever do that again, okay? you scared me to death" She looked me in the eyes, her sad eyes revieled shes been crying. I put my hand on her cheek. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to" I kissed her then she pulled away and hugged me again. 

"Im just glad you're safe."

~*~

I had to stay in the hospital for three more days, then i could go home. 

"How'd you know to come to my house?" I asked Naomi as she layed next to me, wrapped up in my arms in the hospital bed. 

"Ms. Ling called me, and told me she heard bottles being smashed in your room. I tried to call you, but you didn't answer, so i called the police and meet them afew minutes after they came. I asked if i could ride in the car and they said yes. So i stayed, and waited for them to tell me when you woke up" 

"So you stayed over night? In the hospital?"

She nodded. "I needed to know if you were gonna be okay" 

I kissed her forehead. "Thank you. You saved my life."

She looked up at me and kissed me. "Don't thank me. thank Ms.Ling. She's the one who called me, and if it wasn't for that call, well, i dunno" i could feel her about to cry as she put her head down and buried it in my chest. "I almost lost you" She whispered. 

"Hey" i lifted her head up with my hand. "But you didn't. I'm still here. and, i promise, i won't let that happen again. I don't want to see you cry. I'm sorry" I hugged her tighter and she does the same. 

"Right now, we have eachother. Ones, a bit healthier than the other" she chuckles, "but thats all that matters right now." I kiss her forehead and slowly rub her arm. 

That night, she fell asleep in my arms. 

And to think, i almost gave all this up, just because i was upset, and angry. 

Nothing, can compare to what i'm feeling inside right now. With Naomi by my side, sleeping so softly and serene. 

It's truely a gift. 

"Thank you. For everything" I whisper to her then kiss her forehead before i doze off.