8) Welcome Back (2 Months 26 Days)

8)    Welcome Back (2 Months 26 Days)

Thank God for sleeping plans. Coley actually slept until half past six in the morning before he woke up having a tantrum, he’s like my little alarm clock. Once I had changed Coley’s nappy, I went in the shower and dressed into some clothes which were suitable for school. I just dressed Coley into one of his baby-grows before carrying him down the stairs for breakfast.

            I was trying to feed Coley a bottle of milk as I struggled to put the last few things into Coley’s bag for his day without me; I was genuinely starting to feel sick for the fact I’d miss the little boy. I mean sure he’s only going for a few hours whilst I have classes but still, he’s usually by my side 24/7. ‘Isabella, am I dropping you off at school this morning?’ my mum asked as she brushed past me before rushing to the kettle.

‘No, that’s okay. I think I’ll walk with Louisa, she agreed to meet me,’ I told mum as I added Coley’s small toy bear to the bag.

‘Walking to school on the first day back, doing exercise in the morning? What’s happening with my daughter?’ my mum gasped, she was exaggerating.

‘I need to lose this baby weight,’ I giggled as I stretched the skin on my stomach. To be honest I barely had any baby weight, and the stretch lines had almost gone completely but I didn’t have too many to start off with.

‘You’ve barely got any baby weight; you should have seen me after I’d had you. Worst mistake of my life,’ my mum laughed back and I rolled my eyes at her before glaring and walking away. ‘I’m joking honey, you’re the best mistake of my life,’ my mum continued.

‘So I was still a mistake? Rude,’ I sassed as I flipped my hair dramatically before picking up Coley’s bag and putting it around the handles of his pram. I guess Coley wasn’t exactly planned, okay he wasn’t planned at all; either way I wouldn’t ever trade him.

            Once Coley had finally finished drinking from his bottle, I placed him gently into his pram. I was a little nerve-racking going back to school. For the first time in months I’m going back to my school; but now I’m not the same person I was when I left. People are now going to know me as “Isabella, the mum”. ‘Isabella you’re going to be late if you don’t get moving now,’ my mum commanded as she came from the lounge whilst tying her hair into a ponytail.

‘It’s hard trying to get yourself, and a baby, ready to go out at a certain time,’ I mumbled honestly as I rushed up the stairs in search of my school bag. And this is why most people wait to have a child...

I was almost running up the street whilst pushing Coley as I went to meet Louisa just so we could get to school on time. ‘And she arrives!’ Louisa spoke loudly attracting unwanted attention. She always says that whenever I’m late, we could be in the middle of a library and she’d still do the exact same thing.

‘Sorry, I didn’t realise how hard this would be,’ I admitted as I started to slow down once I had gotten to Louisa’s side. ‘I mean I’m used to just me getting ready for school but now I have to sort him out as well, I’m going to have to start getting up at like five in the morning.’

‘Well do it if it’s going to make you not as late,’ Louisa grumbled, I looked at her before giving the pram to her.

‘You can push this little dude then, it’s harder looking after a baby then it looks,’ I admitted.

‘That’s why most people wait until a reasonable age before they have a baby, but no, you just had to be awkward and have a kid ten years too soon,’ Louisa teased, she always does this.