Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

3 | The Deal

Chapter 3: The Deal

Crazy teenage boy say whaaaaaat?

I stared at Mason like he grew a second head. Clearly recognizing my shock, he stood up from his seat before placing the now empty plate in the sink.

When he turned back to face me, he pursed his lips. "Well, I was thinking if we date, Ben will see us together and get jealous." He paused to smirk. "Only to realize his undying feelings for you."

It took a few seconds for my response to form. "Don't you think your cred will be ruined if you 'fake' date me?" I asked him with raised eyebrows. Although I didn't really know him, I knew enough by his reputation that he didn't really date. Whispers ran around the school about his status of typically remaining single.

"I could not give less than a fuck about my cred."

He said it with such distaste that I easily believed him.

After thinking about what he was offering, I began to fiddle with my hands. "And what about your female... friends?"

He chuckled as he walked toward me before taking his previous seat. "Angel, if I want, I'll still hook up with them, that won't change." He flashed me a smile. "I just won't tell Ben about it," he shrugged before adding, "I'll fuck them at parties, not a problem."

I rolled my eyes from his response. "How nice."

Mason answered with a smirk. "Aren't I?"

A sigh left me as I pushed my arm out so it was in front of his chest, but not close enough that I was touching him. "I don't care if you were to sleep around. Do whatever you like, as long as it doesn't backfire on me." I dropped my hand back to my lap.

Instead of waiting for his response, I looked around the kitchen. "So, you wanna do it or not?" he asked, and when I glanced back to him, he was holding a glass of water.

"I-I'm not sure," I answered honestly. Mason and Ben were friends, so of course he'd get mad. Especially if Mason was famous with the ladies as the rumours said he was.

A whisper in my head asked why he would want to do this to begin with.

Deciding to listen to it, I crossed my arms over my chest before narrowing my eyes. "What do you get out of it?"

Mason finished his water before giving me a look. After a couple seconds of silence, he smirked in my direction. "It looks like you could use my help."

"You don't look like someone who would help a complete stranger," I added.

"What can I say? My New Years resolution is to be nicer," He shrugs.

"Maybe next year your New Years resolution should be to learn months, because it's already March," I retort.

A laugh left him as he crossed his broad arms over his chest. "Better late than never, right?"

"But, are you sure you wanna risk it? I mean, Ben is probably gonna kill you," I warned him carefully.

"If I'll be responsible for his happiness later on, it's worth the risk," he said with a small smile, and I could see how sincere he looked at the moment.

My lips tugged up in a smile as well. "Although you're mildly rude... You're a good friend."

His smiled brightened, and for the next few moments, we stared at each other before he looked away to clear his throat. When his eyes travelled back to me, he tightly smiled. "So, what do you say? Wanna be my fake girlfriend?" he asked.

icon lock

Show your support for 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆, and continue reading this story

by 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆
@xwriteratheartxo
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best fri...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 36 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @xwriteratheartxo.