Chapter 42

"Why am I in Magnus's apartment?" Jace asks when he finally wakes back up.

"You passed out during our fight." Alec carelessly explains, from where he is sitting next to my Dad. My Dad has his arm wrapped around Alec's shoulder. They make a cute couple. "So we brought you back here."

"Why not back to the Institute?" Jace sits up and stares at Magnus, Alec and me.

"I was coming back here anyway and it would've taken way-" he drags out the way. "Too long for me."

"I'm sorry for being a major inconvenience for you." Jace jokes, standing up.

"You better be." Alec jokes.

"I better head back to the Institute. " Jace heads for the door, then stops. "You want to come Alec? Or are you staying."

"I'm staying for dinner." Alec invites himself. 

"Fine, but you better be home by 10 or else I'm coming here and dragging you home." Jace warns.

"Alright." Alec rolls his eyes.

"I'll have him home by 9:59." My Dad comments. "Is that good enough?"

"Yes it is." Jace says, "See you later Alec." He heads out the door, then I stand up. 

"So I'm assuming we are done with training for the day?" I ask, my voice is filled with hope when I ask this. 

"Did you see where your knife went when you threw it earlier?" Alec asks me.

"Yeah so?" 

"You missed." Alec comments. 

"So what?!" I angrily ask, hoping this means I don't have to train more. I am sore. 

"Well, you can't miss in a real battle." Alec informs me as if I didn't already know. "So back to training."

"Are you not coming?" I ask before I step into the training room, standing in the doorway. 

"Not yet, I am taking a break." Alec sassily informs me.

"Why don't I get a break?!" I exclaim, "You are getting one-"

"Because I didn't miss." Alec smirks, "better go practice now." 

I storm off into the training room. I grab a throwing knife, then hurl it full speed at the training dummy. I miss by four feet, and angrily cross my arms. I stalk across the room and pick up the fallen knife. I go back across the room, then throw it again. I do this over and over again, getting closer each time until I hit it. My arm hurts from throwing it, but I keep going.  Eventually all my throws start to make it. I begin to move around the room, and throw it at different points in the room, getting better with each throw. At one point, I do a spin then throw, nailing the training dummy where its heart would be. I smile. I continue this move, nailing the dummy each time. I begin to try throwing it different ways. My throws are getting better with each throw. I hear footsteps, which make my feet spin around, throw the knife, which purposefully lands in the wall next to Alec's face. 

"You missed." He tells me, pulling the knife out of wall. 

"I missed on purpose." I cross my arms. "If I had wanted to hit you, I would've." 

"So two hours of knife throwing has just magically made you better?" Alec hands me the knife back. "I doubt it." I spin around, releasing it as I spin. It nails its self in the now familiar to me spot over the dummy's heart.  

"Your doubt hurts Alec." I tell him, skipping over to the dummy, then pulling out the knife. 

"Color me surprised." Alec tells me, "So you've improved, but this is a non-moving target. How well will you do when the target is moving?"

"Get me a moving target and I'll show you." I challenge him. He pulls out a training dummy, then presses a button on the back of it. It isn't magic-powered, but its one of those dummies that move back and forth. 

"Go ahead." He holds out a hand towards the dummy. I take in a deep breath, then furrow my brow. I shift my grip on the knife. I throw it, and to Alec's surprise, I hit it. I smile. Alec's expression is shocked.

"Try not to look too surprised." I scoff. "Can I stop training now?" 

"Yeah, I guess so." Alec shrugs, "Tomorrow we are going to practice flips okay?"

"Alright." I tell him, before stalking out of the room, then heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

 I get out of the shower, throw on grey sweatpants, a t-shirt, then brush my hair. I plop onto my bed with a book. I glance out the window, to see that the sun has set. My clock reads 5:30. I open my book, The Hunger Games, and read until 6:30. Then I close my book, then roll off my bed, stand up, then walk out into the kitchen to get food. I find a note on the counter which informs me that my Dad and Alec have left for dinner. He put money on top of the note, in case I choose to order food. I end up ordering Chinese food. I sit on the couch while I wait for my food. I hear a knock, so I pause the tv then stand up. I grab the money off the counter and open the door. A boy with coal black hair, and dark blue eyes opens the door. My heart rate speeds up. I feel myself getting nervously. His name tag reads Jason.

"H-Hi." I tell him, breaking the silence between us. 

"Hey. Did you order a box of chow mien and orange chicken?" He asks me, holding my box of Chinese takeout. 

"Uh." I nervously respond, "I mean, yes." He hands me the box, while I hand him the money. He gives me back my change.

"You thanks." I stutter, "I mean thank you." I quickly correct myself. 

"Have a nice day." He tells me with a smile, that makes my heart skip a beat. "Enjoy your food."

"You two." I tell him, I nervously blush, "um bye." I close the door quickly shutting out the confused boy. "Why am I such a nervous wreck?!"

I carry my food over to the couch and sit down. I open my box of food, turn on a movie, then begin to eat my food. "It'd be cool to learn how to fight someone with chopsticks. But then again I doubt it'd be fun. Probably spend hours training and then whenever I see chopsticks I'll have an emotional flashback to that. Maybe Jace would train me..." I stop talking, then begin to focus on my food. I finish it, then curl up under my blanket to watch the movie. 

A/N: Hey guys sorry I didn't upload yesterday. I won't be able to update this Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I will probably repeat this several times. I am going on a trip and won't have service. But until then enjoy this part. Byeeeeeeee ^_^