F.S 22

Chris's POV

A brick on my heart, make that the earth as a whole was weighing heavily on my heart. I could feel the immense pressure, at one time thinking it was physical, like something was literally weighing my heart down. The pressure built up as a made my way home, my feet making sounds on the paved sidewalk. Jake's words had left my heart weeping, but with every tear the pain got worse.

When I'd walked to Jake's house that day, I hadn't expected him to say what he said. I'd hoped he was just playing with me, but no one could use such painful words in jest. A novelty was all I was to him. It was the experience he wanted. I felt used. My body resisted with every step I took. My limbs were withering, unable to withstand the sting of a 'break-up'. My eyes got watery. They darted to and fro, attempting to stop the precious liquid from spilling. My vision was blurry. I tripped, but managed to balance myself before I could meet the floor.

How could I have let this happen?

Thoughts of my idiocy raced around my mind, tormenting me when they lingered for me to get a good feel of them. Just the previous day I was wondering how my life would be if it all ended. I was going to get my answer after all. How was I going to survive seeing him at school? Was I going to break when I saw him smile, when he kissed Lilly? This was so hard! I couldn't bear the pain. At that time I would do anything just to make the pain go away. What had I done to deserve that?

How could someone I loved be that cruel to me?

Jake hadn't shown any signs of wanting to end things before, if anything he'd seemed to enjoy kissing and touching me even more. Was it his plan all along? Did he want me to fall in love with him so he could break my heart?

I finally got home, in one piece. All my organs were in one piece, except the one that mattered. My pain was no longer just emotional, it was physical. My heart was settling uncomfortably. I broke apart before I could reach my room. Tears spilled out of my tear ducts and trailed on my cheeks. Lilly was home. She must have heard the front door open because she was on the hallway just next to my bedroom when I went up the stairs.

"Tutoring session already over?" she asked.

I toweled my cheeks with the palms of my hands.

"Oh my God, are you crying?"

I said nothing and went straight to my door.

"What happened?" she feigned concern.

"Nothing", I said as I got into my room and shut the door behind me.

I slumped onto the floor against the door. With my face in my hands, I cried silently to my heart's content, occasionally sniffing.

*

A week and a half went by. It was quite possibly the longest week of my life. I knew it couldn't be longer than the others since a day had 24 hours and it was the same season, but I threw logic out of the window. Days seemed to have more than 24 hours. I saw Jake a lot of times during the week. I wanted to see him, yet I didn't want to. He never looked my way. If he by mistake did, he looked away as if he couldn't stand boring his eyes with the sight of me.

I never said a single word to him. Some days I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered how we used to talk on the phone way past midnight. He never sent me a text, let alone call. I was dead to him...a ghost.

It was possible that my love for him grew during that week. Despite how things turned out, I still loved him, I still wanted him close to me, his arms around me, his lips on mine, his tongue exploring the corners of my mouth. I missed his lustful eyes, the ones that made me weak at the knees.