CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9:
Milliana.

For the first time in a long time, I had absolutely nothing to do. I had no work nor plans. Nailah was busy at work, so was Mum, and Ariella was with Rafael. Tired of being bored, I picked myself up off of the sofa and decided to go to a fancy cafe that everyone was talking about. I made my way up to my room to change. I wanted to be comfortable so I wore blue jeans and a white top with white flats. Letting my hair down, I put some strawberry lip balm on and headed outside.

Twenty five minutes later, I was opening the glass door of the cosy cafe, the smell of rich Arabian coffee and sweet confectioneries bombarding my nostrils. The smell was enough to actually make me swoon, I loved coffee. I saw some brownies and squealed inside. Joining the line, I waited patiently to have my order taken.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see the guy from the club. "So I do see the pretty girl again." He said with a charming smile.

Blushing at his compliment, I quietly asked, "Seth right?" I hoped I had remembered his name.

"The one and only." He confirmed cockily and I laughed.

"So what brings you here pretty lady?" He asked me politely. "I heard this place was good and I was craving brownies." My mind went back to the gooey chocolate squares and I looked in front to see I was almost at the till.
"Oh well I just came for the coffee, I have it for work." He said tiredly and yawned. I started to notice the signs of exhaustion on his face.
"Busy day?" I slightly teased. "You have no idea." He replied with a heavy sigh. I laughed softly and turned to see I was at the till.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The woman asked. She was a pretty blonde with striking blue eyes.
"Three triple chocolate brownies and a caramel frappe." I told her with a smile. Scribbling my order down, she told me to wait on the side. I looked back at Seth and he smiled. Not even a minute later, I had my goodies in hand. I decided to wait for Seth, finding it rude to just leave, so I walked over to a table and took a seat. He walked over to me with his coffee a moment or two later. The strong aroma of coffee hit me and I inwardly moaned. It smelled amazing.

"Hey, I have to back to work, but maybe we can meet up again. I'd really like you to meet my boyfriend." He told me with a sip of his coffee. He obviously could the surprise on my face and he nodded with a laugh, "Yep, I'm definitely gay."

"Oh, wow, I've never met a gay person." I winced, a blush coming to my cheeks. I felt so embarrassed. Why was I so childish? "I'm sorry, that came out wrong. I-- Ahem. Congratulations."

He laughed again, "It's okay. So, can I have your number? We can all get together some time." I nodded and gave him my number before we both headed towards the door. Leaving the cafe, we conversed about random things like celebrities, favorite things, or work. He was a really nice guy and I was glad I had bumped into him. He talked about his boyfriend and how he was falling for him so hard. I couldn't help but fan girl over his relationship. He told me he wanted kids and how he had a puppy named Prada.
He was kind enough to call me a cab and make sure I got home safe.

I sipped on my frappe but waited until I get home for the brownies. When I arrived to my area, I quickly went to the local chemist and brought some medicine for Ariella. Reaching home, I got change into a nightie and went to the living room while munching my brownies.
I hummed as I entered the room but stopped abruptly when I saw Rafael. My brownies fell from my hand when I saw the heated look he gave me, his eyes scanning me from head to toe. I attempted to cover myself since this particular nightie wasn't my most modest. I wasn't exactly planning on having company, especially not him. His gaze fixated on my exposed skin made me feel hot, as if I wasn't wearing the nightgown at all.

Getting out of whatever trance that I was in, I looked at the corner to see Ariella clueless, looking at me. She had her toys around her and was holding her blankie.
"Pack your things. We're getting married." Rafael finally said. His tone was serious, almost angry. He clearly wasn't in the mood for an argument.

Not that this ever stopped me before.
I just about spit my brownie out. My veins ran with shock and indignation. "What?! No! Absolutely not!" I cried with as much confidence as I could muster up.

"You want to go to court or not? I can strip you of every right you have with Ariella and I'd have custody." He said in bitterness. In outrage? What did he have to be so angry about?

"You divorced me! You're the one who kicked me out and now you want to get married?!" I shouted. "How dare you?! You dare try to take Ariella from me?! You're sick!"

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way." He threatened and stormed past me and out of the house.

I went over to Ariella and scooped her up, carrying her upstairs to our room. I tucked Ariella in and then curled up on the bed. Slowly, I began to cry. All of this brought back the memories of us getting divorced, him ordering me to go pack and me leaving. He made me feel so strong yet so weak, and even after everything I still loved him. Knowing Rafael, he would stick to his word. I had to think about all of this, every option. All I wanted was the best for Ariella. I wanted her to have everything. And I would do anything for her. Hell, I'd even become a slave to keep her safe and happy.

He had leverage, he had money and status. I had nothing except Ari. If I got married, it'd only be because I wanted to help her. It was as if I didn't care anymore. Why was it that if I married him I didn't care, unless Ariella was happy? I knew Rafael would do something extreme and I was conflicted. I could walk away and take Ariella with me, suffering. Yet if I married him, my baby would be happy, I would be happy that Ari would be happy. Call me pathetic, weak but I was doing the right thing for Ariella. I couldn't care what people would think, my pride wasn't important, Ari was.

I sighed and started packing.

'This is for her, everything is for her'.

________________________________

Vote and follow me.

Edited by rachellewriter

Jughead or Varchie?

Edited√