Chapter 3

Jennifer POV

We drove for half an hour and finally arrived at Roland's Palace. I parked my car right next to my parents and got out of my vehicle. "You ready?" my mother said. I nodded and followed them inside.

When we got inside I notice that the place was very dim. The windows were tinted and the carpet and curtains were red but looked like a royal curtain.

My father lead the way and we all sat down. I sat on my mothers left side. The waiters came out with a salad and soup. The chef came out and said "today we will be serving steak and for the sides mashed potato." He bowed his head and left.

About fifteen minutes the waiters came out and handed us our meals.

While we ate our meals the men were talking about something I wasnt interested in. The conversations were so boring. I got up and excused myself. I went to the bathroom and put on some lip gloss to make my lips shinier. I exited the bathroom and bump into a someone.

"My apologies miss. I did not see you there." a man said.

"No im sorry it was my fault. Please excuse me." I replied. I looked at the man and saw that he was maybe twenty-nine. He was very built and had a dazzingly beautiful smile. He had brown hair and ocean blue eyes.

"My name is Derek Jessa, and what might a beautiful lady like you be called?" he said showing his beautiful smile.

"Oh im... um... my name is Jennifer Lies." I replied not making eye contact.

"You know you are quite beautiful." I smiled. "So I finally get to meet the lucky lady who I must marry." he said smirking.

I laughed. "Your quite funny aren't you. No offense Derek, but me marry you." I laughed. His smirk fell off his face and said "Why would I lie about something like this? Our parents must have told you. Considering I just found out myself just a couple of hours ago." he said getting irritated.

"I was not told about this." I yelled. The people at the table turned their heads. "Excuse me Derek." I said. I went up to the table exactly where my father was sitting and said "Father you never mention to me that I am getting married. Thats something you want to tell me." I said practically yelling.

"Jennifer, dont you dare raise your voice at me." He said calmly.

"Or what? Your going to take my car away from me, ground me, or send me somewhere?" I replied with my smart attitude.

"I will kick you out of the house if you talk to me like that again."He said grinding his teeth.

"Oh my... kick me out?" I said with a sad face. "I don't care if you kick me out I was planning on leaving anyways." I yelled back.

"Jennifer Lies, dont you dare talk to your father like that." my mother said.

I had enough. I just walked out the restaurant and got into my car and drove home.

When I arrived home. It felt strange walking in my house. It didn't feel right. I entered my room and noticed my suit case on my bed. I thought it would be a great opportunity to unpack since I was planning on packing new clothes and leaving this place and finding my own home.

I unzipped my suit case and opened it. When I opened my suit case I expected to see my clothing but found some junk that looks like an old newspaper about a family that was killed in a car accident. The family's name were Wernson family. It sounded familiar. I just tossed the newspaper on the ground. I looked at the other things in the suitcase and noticed an envelope. I stood up and something from the envenlope fell out. I reached to grab it and it said,

JW,

I want you to eliminate Reese Ranger. You will be attending the party Reese had invited people to. I want you to put poison into his drink. If you mess up you will pay for your mistake.

Sincerly, DS

Is this a letter to assassinate Reese Ranger? Oh no. Please dont tell me Reese Ranger is dead. I thought to myself.

I turned the TV on and went to the news channel. "Reese Ranger has died yesterday at his party. He has been poisoned and the police is looking for the suspect. If you know anything, please call the number below."

I grabbed my phone but felt something sharp go in my shoulder and blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howdy y'all.

sorry I havent wrote in a while I have no motivation to write this book. but im trying anyways...

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW ME

AND

SHARE

I'd appreciate it.