Changing Winds and Growing Hearts

"Man, I am whooped." Fionna moaned as she eased into the black car Marshall's men had parked out front of the studio the Scream Kings had been practicing in.

"Well you better get some rest in the next few days, because I think I just found my new opening act." Marshall grinned excitedly, sliding in to the car from the same door.

In his excitement, he had shifted closer to her than he usually would. At once she was aware of their closeness. She shrank back ever so slightly. Bernabon's presence had been like a drug she craved to be with him. His sweet and caring disposition made her feel special, noticed. Finn was like a shadow. She was so comfortable with him, that sometimes she forgot that he was even there. He's her best friend... at least, she thought he was until a week ago.

But Marshall... Marshall was different. He was raw, he was angry, he was real... He didn't hide secrets from her the way the others had. He saw Fionna for what she was and he still said he loved her. His devotion and adoration of her had been present in every thoughtful, albeit graceless, acts he preformed. His diversion of the fight in the library, his want for her not to be alone tonight, even him daring to bring an outsider to the exclusive Scream King practice...

Fionna's mind snapped back to reality as they neared the entrance to her apartment building.

"Well, thanks for the ride!" She said cheerfully as the door was opened for her and she began stepping out of the backseat of the car.

"And where do you think you're going?" Marshall called, grabbing her hand before she could fully exit the car.

"Upstairs... This is where I live after all..." She smirked.

"And after all of this, you are not going to invite your dear friend upstairs to have a drink? I am thoroughly parched from all of that singing... I'll die of thirst before I reach home..." He pretended to feel faint and draped one arm over his eyes.

"Then I guess you can have one of your goonies pick you up something on the way home. There are a million places you can go to pick up a bottle of water between here and whatever enormous mansion you live in." She pulled her arm away as Marshall dramatically fell limp, pretending to be beside himself with unending thirst.

"No offence Hambo." She smiled up at the great beast of a bodyguard as she finally stepped fully from the car.

He grinned at her and winked in reply. "None taken miss." Then he maneuvered his large body into the tiny front seat of the luxury car before speeding away.

"Thank glob, crisis averted." She breathed a sigh of relief.

"I know, I thought they would never leave." A purr of a voice tickled her right ear.

She spun around. Marshall was proudly wiggling his fingers at her in greeting.

"Miss me bunny?" He smirked.

She double took as the black, luxury, sports car rolled down the street and turned out of sight.

"But you... You were... Car... How... They'll be back for you." Was all she could manage to get out.

"Yes, dear bunny, but you see..." He flicked her on the nose and jauntily skipped to the front entrance of the apartment building, swinging her key card in his hand.

How the glob did he manage to take that...

He meanwhile pressed the key card to the console located next to the entrance and held it open for her. Taking as long as possible, she slowly meandered her way over to where he stood with the door open. As she passed him into the entryway of the building she was once more aware of his body in proximity to her's, and the odd amount of heat his body seemed to emit.

"Once a thief, always a thief." He purred, as he shut the door behind him. Fionna went ahead to press the elevator button. Waiting as the numbers above her head flashed, signaling the floor the elevator was currently on decended to one, and the doors flashed open.

"...and if there is something I know about thieves, we always eventually get what we want." Marshall grinned, following Fionna into the elevator.

She nervously smiled up at him. He returned a slightly wicked one in reply as she pressed the button, and the doors to the elevator slammed shut.

***

The apartment was dark, the only light where those which shone through the windows, which made up the outermost wall of the apartment facing outwards. Through those windows were the twinkling lights of far away empty windows and lonely street lamps.

Glob, I forgot Cake was gone for the night...

The door clicked shut behind her. She was all a sudden to aware of her body in proximity to Marshall's.

"Well bunny." He purred in her ear.
A shiver ran up her spine.

"I really didn't expect you to be left all alone this evening... what sort of gentleman would I be if I left a young lady alone in her apartment all night."

His hand made contact with her back, soothingly rubbing at a knot she hadn't even realized she had until just then. With all that had been going on, her body had been in a constant state of anxiety.
She couldn't remember the last time she had taken a deep breath.

"Wait a second..." she tensed once more. Marshall's hand immediately stopped its soothing rubbing.

In one fluid motion Fiona turned around and punched him square in the jaw. Falling, less than gracefully on his ass.

At first he was silent as he rubbed at the spot where her fist had made contact with his jaw. When he finally looked up at her, his reaction wasn't what she expected.

They weren't the broken eyes of Bernabon, or the lonely , pained eyes of  Finn... no. These eyes were hungry, ready for a fight.

He stood up again. In another fluid motion had pinned her against the window looking out upon the twinkling lights of an unknown city. Pressing his body against hers.
His eyes were glowing, almost inhumanly bright. So hungry with need and want.

"Naughty bunny," he whispered an echo of a growl in this throat "now you're going to be punished"

****
WEEEEOOOOOOHHHH! Well, I'm back bitches! Sorry it's a little short, but the best is yet to come!
Once again thank you for all the support and love.