Chapter 24

I wake up, feeling an arm tight around me. I smile when the memories from last night resurface in my mind. I slowly try to turn around, to see Daniel with his eyes closed, a small smile on his lips.

I don't even know why I let it happen. I just really wanted to be close to him. I wanted to be as close as possible. I know I wanted to be with him, so why wait?

"Are you staring at me?" I suddenly hear Daniel's voice. I look down at him, seeing a big grin on his face, but his eyes closed.

"No, what makes you think that?" I ask, moving my hand to his hair, playing with it. Daniel pulls me into his chest, pressing a kiss to my head.

"Just a wild guess" Daniel mumbles. I snuggle further into him, pressing a kiss against his chest. I move one hand to his back. My eyes widen when I feel scratches.

"Did I hurt you?" I ask him, tracing the lines on his back. Daniel chuckles and shakes his head.

"Not really. It hurts now more than it hurt last night" he mumbles.

"But don't worry about it. It was worth it" he says, opening his eyes. His eyes are sparkling, a big smile on his face. I probably look the same. That is what he does to me.

"Good morning, girlfriend" he says, chuckling to himself. I press my lips against his, smiling.

"Good morning, boyfriend" I reply. Daniel smiles at me.

"What do you want to do today?" Daniel asks, stroking my hair away from my face.

"I don't know honestly" I say, trying to think of something to do. Daniel gets a small frown on his face as well.

"What is it?" I ask him, worried about what he is thinking about.

"I just don't know if we should really go do things in public as a couple" he mumbles, looking at me. I frown.

"Why not?" I ask him, trying not to overreact right away.

"Because the media will make up stories, show up everywhere. I want to start easy, before we put it out there" Daniel says. I feel a smile coming back onto my face.

"Sure, I actually agree if you put it like that. For how long do you want to keep it away from people?" I ask him. He seems to be thinking hard about this.

"I don't know, maybe until it actually feels good to tell people" Daniel says, looking down at me. I nod slowly, frowning.

"Are we also going to keep it away from our friends?" I ask.

"I don't think we'll be able to keep anything away from Max and Joelle. You should tell Evy as well, but I guess that's it. The less people know at this point, the better" Daniel says. I nod again, not really knowing if I can keep this away from everyone.

"I'll also talk to Christian soon" Daniel says, making my eyes widen.

"Don't worry! I just want him to hear it from me, instead from others when we do put it out there" Daniel says. I feel myself calming down.

"Okay, so what now?" I ask.

"Well-" that's all he gets to say, before his phone starts ringing. He groans as he grabs it, his eyes slightly widening.

"My mum is facetiming me" he says. I giggle.

"You mum knows me, Dan. Just pick up" I tell him. He nods and answers the call. He sights up right, while I just lay down. His mum's face appears on the screen.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" she asks, sounding worried. Daniel chuckles and shakes his head.

"No you didn't mum. How are you?" he asks her. She starts smiling.