Chapter 1

I opened the door and where welcomed by the pleasend odor of wood. My house wasn't big. Actually it was more a cottage which I had provided with an extension charm than a house. But I was happy I not had to sleep in the Leaky Cauldron anymore. The other residents sometimes made it impossible for me to sleep.
When I came to England I hadn't much money but I fortunately found a work soon at Eeylops Owl Emporium in Diagon Alley. So my knowledge finally came in Handy. My parents breeded owls back then in germany. They died in the war and I decided to leave the country since I was the only left member of my family.
I shook of this dark thoughts and put of my shoes when suddenly I heared the sound of flapping wings.
I wondered why Fide was still awake. It had become quite late today and he normally fell asleep really early.
Fide was my Fwooper. My parents give her to me when I was 8 and she had been my most loyal friend for the last decade. She has yellow and orange feathers which make her glow like a sunrise in the caribbean.
I made my way to the livingroom and was almost given a heart attack when I saw someone standing next to Fide's perch. I immedeately grabbed my wand.
"Incarcerous!"
The young man looked quite suprised when he was conjured by thick ropes and fell to the ground. I walked over to him and pointed my wand on his face.
"Stop! Please! I'm not a burglar!"
I looked at him whith suspicion. He really didn't look like a criminal. But this didn't excuse he walked into my house without my permission.
"Then what are you doing here?"
"I heard the song of your fwooper when passing by. I didn't want anyone to drive crazy so I decided to reinforce the Silencing Charm which I just finished with when you conjured me."
He looked at me reproachfully.
"But I reinforced it 3 weeks ago. It should have lasted at least one more."
I told more myself then him.
"Finite"
The ropes came of and the young man stood up.
"Thank your for your help. If anyone would've been driven crazy by her song I would have lost my licence to owe her."
I looked at Fide und shivered at the thought the ministry could force me to give her away.
"No problem."
He noticed my look.
"I know how it feels to care for a beast very much.", he said with a smile and added, "I'm Newt." I smiled back.
"Rebbeca"