Shorthair

I walk into the room that holds what should be my new friends for this school year. I'm actually calm, you see I have a way of tricking my mind into thinking I'm going to be okay, even if I'm dying. Yep. Calm, happy you might say. You see we're all special here, like super powers kind of special. I can turn into anything: objects, living organisms, people, even bacteria. And the best part is if I turn into a person with powers, then I can use their powers.

Walking in I see five people:

Michigan: He has yo yo's that obtain electricity. An electricity bender.

Daniel: He can create anything out of thin air. Weapons, soldiers, anything you can think of.

Anise: This girl can light anything with the touch of her finger. She can light a whole football field with the touch of her pinkie.

Stephen: He can take any person and read their mind. He can even control some thoughts if its weak enough.

Ava: She can teleport anyone anywhere anytime. Including herself. She also makes portals.

We had gotten folders of who we are going to be with and information about them, including their families and stuff. I walk in and they all look up, as if at once.

"Ayame?" They address me by my real name. I nod and look around. They look interesting. I can tell already that we're going to work well together. At this thought I hear someone scoff, I look over and concentrate on blocking him out.

"Out Stephen." His eyes widen and he hesitates.

"And what are you going to do about it?" I turn into him and read his mind. He's shocked of course, but I look deeper into his memories. Bingo. I turn into his ex, and I smirk. "Dude, not cool." I roll my eyes.

"Not satisfied?" I ask looking at him. He just shakes his head. I look at the others. "Hullo. I'm Ayame, you can call me Short-hair. And no. I'm not joking. If you have any questions for me fire away." They hesitate, then Stephen asks a question.

"Can you change now?" I smile.

"I'm sorry, but these clothes automatically appear, and the clothes that I was wearing are now going to be off my body when I change back to myself." His eyes widen in shock and he looks at the others as if he didn't believe me. "Do you not believe me?"

"OH NO! I do. Trust me, I do. But you're just being a bitch." I smile at this, while other's jaws drop.

"This is true, but how else would I show you that I mean business? Also, it's my talent." He smiles a real smile and shakes his head.

"I like you, youre a bitch, but I like you Ayame. I'll listen to you." I nod a thank you.

"Anyone else agree?" A few people nod, while one kid hesitates. I ignore her. I look at the others. "Is there anything else before we all go to sleep?" They shake their heads. "Alright, off you go, then."

Stephen stays. So I go over and sit next to him as the girls and boys head off to their dorms. We talk a little when Michigan walks in mid sentence and hesitates when he sees us.

"I'm sorry, I just forgot my bag!" I smile.

"It's okay. We were just talking." He nods, grabs his bag then leaves again. I turn back to Stephen and finish my sentence. "Well, I better head off to bed. Nice to make your acquaintance."

"Yeah. You too." He stares at me as I get up to leave. "Hey, um, maybe you'd like to go out sometime?" I nod.

"Depends." I leave and go to my dorm.