[70] #100STHHTheBrokenHeartedOne

Chapter 70

Mico's POV

He proposed.

He proposed.

He proposed.

My heart dropped. For a moment, everything sank in. They are together. They are in love. And now, they are getting married.

"Yes, Enzo. I will marry you." She said yes.

Damn, I thought I was okay. I thought I was doing well. I thought I moved on. I thought. They looked so happy. I should be happy. It's not like I can do some thing to change what's happening. It's done. 

Even Genie's can't change someone's heart; they can't make someone fall in love you. They sure as hell can't make someone forget the person that they love.

Whatever, dude. Conceal it. Don't let it show. You're okay. You're going to be okay. But Enzo? He deserves the best.

There we go. Every time I think about Enzo and all the things that he's going through, I'll slowly realize that the pain I'm feeling is nothing compared to what he has felt. I can't be selfish. Not for him. Not for my brother. I love him.

 And as much as I love Hope, and how I want to keep her to myself... I'll choose Enzo's happiness. Any time.

I looked at Hope. She looks really happy. She's crying now, while hugging Enzo. Although it pains me to see that I'm not the guy who makes her happy, I still smile every time I see her smile.

 And that's the only thing I want to do. I want to make her happy. I want to see her smile. Even if those smiles are not for me, I'll accept it. 

As long as she's happy, I'll try to be happy. That's how much I love her.

And... And... I know that I'll be damned for even entertaining this kind of thought, and trust me I've been pushing these thoughts away since day 1. But...

I'll wait.

Maybe someday. She'll be mine. Maybe if I wait a little longer. Maybe if I try to be more patient, I'll have her.

But shit, that means losing Enzo and I don't know if I can handle that. So, no. I don't know. I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I'll just suffer silently. Pretend that everything's okay. That I'm not hurting. Maybe, if I can pretend a little more, if I can pretend a little too well, maybe I can fool myself too. Maybe.

The suddenly may nag 'Ahem' sa stage, we all looked at the person who turned out to be Ms. Mira. She congratulated Hope and Enzo (even I know deep inside she hates her for getting engaged first, ha!) then congratulated us for graduating! We all 'whooo'-d and 'waah'-d.

"CONGRATS, MICO!" Said the girl beside me. I winked, kinilig naman siya then she ran to her friends while pointing at me. I guess she was telling them I winked at her. Hay.

I can get any girl that I want, but why do I have to love that one girl I can't have?

Someone hugged me from behind then bigla akong binuhat. What the actual—I'm so heavy—

"ORTEGA!" I shouted.

"Congrats, bro. Ikakasal na yung babaeng mahal na mahal mo to our brother. Masakit ba?" Well, what a good time for this one to be sarcastic.

"Ikaw kaya saktan ko?"

"Who's hurting who?" Then we looked back and saw Venice (being extra beautiful today, she's glowing!). She came near me and hugged me, then gave Bryle a peck on his lips.

"Inggit ka?" Asar na naman ni Bryle.

"When are you going to stop? It's annoying me." Then their faces changed. I guess nahalata nila na I'm really pissed. I know we all made everything into a joke (cos I'm great at pretending that everything's okay, but now now. It's not okay.)

"Are you okay?" Asked the very concerned Venice.

"Can't you tell?" She then hugged me.

"You know you can't have her, Mico."

"I know." I hugged back. Tighter. I need someone to depend on now. And I know these two really know how I feel.

"Let's just be happy for Enzo, he deserves it." Bryle said.

"And I don't? Do I not deserve happiness at all?" I said. They looked at each other. Alam nilang magsisimula na naman ako magtantrums.

"You do. You deserve all the happiness in this world, dear, but not with her. Not now." And we all knew what Venice meant. Not now.

"Tigil na natin 'to. Puntahan natin sila. Icongratulate natin sila. Let's be happy for them, and let's mean it. Loyola, copy?" I stared at them for a while and gave them a soft nod. Venice gave me an apologetic smile, as if it's her fault. Nope. It's my fault for falling for Hope, and it's destiny's fault kasi hindi ako makalaban ng patas kay Gutierrez.

Kasi gusto ko. Gusto ko sanang lumaban ng patas. Pero gusto kong maging masaya si Enzo. And if I have to give up my happiness for him, I will.

Lumapit kami kay Hope and Enzo (who's currently holding each other's hand).

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" Sinabi sabay sabay nila Bryle, Ven, Chels and Miks. When they saw that I didn't say anything I looked at Hope who was looking at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Congratulations." I defeatingly said.

"Thank you, guys! I'm very happy—" Then Enzo suddenly kissed her, and everything went blur. Nawala yung sounds sa paligid ko, nawala yung focus ko. I saw them smiling, laughing. Hope's sister was even there to congratulate her. Pero nakatulala lang ako.

So this is how it feels to be so crushed, you can't do anything but be still. Be still because that's the only control you have left.

These parts I am not at least 0.0001 interested, but I think I owe you guys the detail. We all went to Hope's house where she was surprised with her Mom and Dad. Finally umuwi sila, and what's even more surprising was it was Enzo who made it possible. He told them he's going to propose to their daughter, and to officially ask for her hand in marriage she requested them that they go home.

Wow.

I can do that, too. Hell, I will even go to Korea to get her parents if I have to. But do I have any right to do that? No. So shut up na lang ako.

After that, we celebrated—well, 'they'.

"Okay ka lang?" Biglang lumapit sa akin si Lola.

"Po?"

"Okay ka lang ba iho?" Tanong sa akin ni Lola.

"Ah oo naman po, bakit naman po hindi?" tapos nginitian lang ako ni Lola.

"Alam ko namang may pagtingin ka sa apo ko." Magsasalita sana ako pero umiling lang siya. "Alam mo, minsan kapag nagmahal ka kailangan mong magparaya. Minsan hindi patas ang mundo. Minsan kahit anong gusto mo, hindi mo makukuha. Kasi iba ang pagibig. Hindi mo pwedeng utusan yung taong mahal mo na mahalin ka din. Hindi ganon. Minsan kailangan magtiis, masaktan, kasi maling tao ang minahal."

 I was trying so hard not to feel anything, but when lola said it... I...

"Sinabi sa amin ni Enzo ang sakit niya. Alam ng Mama at Papa ni Hope, alam ng ate niya. Alam naming lahat. Gusto ko si Enzo, pero gusto din kita iho. Mas nauna kitang nagustuhan para sa apo ko, kasi ikaw ang nandiyan sa kanya palagi. Pero... ang hirap kalabanin ng taong mahal na nga, mawawala pa." Lola said it directly. Totoo naman. As much as I want to fight for Hope, I can't.

"Iho, may darating na para sa'yo. Tandaan mo yan." Then she smiled at me, I smiled back.

To that someone, can she please come now? I need her. I need her to fix me and my broken heart. Please. Come now.

I was about to go back to the living room when someone suddenly grabbed my hand.

"We need to talk."

"About what?"

"There's something you have to do."

Me? What is it?