e c h o

A chapter dedicated to LillianaCullen , because she made me smile :) 

--Stiles

The fox inside me is poisoned. But it wasn't going to last long. I needed to be somewhere. Where I can't hurt my friends. I was thinking that as my dad drove me to Eichen House. Eichen House. Sounds like a bad idea right? But for me, it's not. At least, it's the best option we have. I have.

Upon arriving at Eichen House. A motorcycle arrives. Scott. "Why didn't you tell me?" Scott frantically asks. "Because we wanted to avoid something like this." My dad replies. "It's only 72 hours." I said to Scott. "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." My dad says, looking at the place.

"You don't know everything yet." Scott defends. "I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." Dad says.

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct."

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me." My dad sighs, "I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist." He continues. "Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asks. "He's not." I cut in. "It was my decision." Scott looks at me, "Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here."

"And I can't hurt you. Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't... " Scott suggests everything. Oh god. My bestfriend. My bestfriend who would do anything to save me. Just what I would do if the situations were reversed. "If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay?" I say to him, "Make sure I never get out."

I leave Scott outside and enter the facility. The place was quiet and a bit tacky.

"Mr. Stilinski?" A nurse approaches,  "This way please." She leads us to a table with two chairs. I sat down and listened to everything she was saying. "First 72 hours there's no phone calls, no e-mails, no visitors. We will be taking you from here to a brief physical. In the morning you'll be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy." She explains. Somehow, dad hasn't been focusing. He was distracted by the noises of the doors. "I feel like we're forgetting something." He spoke.

"You will be wearing these, Stiles. No laces allowed. You don't have a belt, do you? And please empty your pockets in here." The nurse hands me slippers. I laid out everything on the tray/ "Your pillow. Your pillow. We forgot your pillow." Dad mutters. Oh, right. My fave pillow. The one I always bring to everywhere, I'm never going to be able to sleep here. "Dad, it's okay. No, no." I said to my father. "You're never going to be able to fall asleep. We... We got to go back." He keeps on muttering.

"It's fine, Dad. I don't need it." I told him. Lie. I just didn't want him to worry anymore. "I can't believe I forgot it. I mean, every time that we've ever stayed in a hotel, the first thing you pack is your pillow." He goes on, "You can bring it tomorrow. It's all right." I assure him 

"Okay, you know what? Stop. Stop. Enough. Stiles, get your stuff. I'm not checking you in here if you're not gonna get one good night's sleep." Dad stands up, looking at me. I stood up as well, "Dad. I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks." I told him. He relaxes and looks at me for a second. "Stiles? This way, please." The nurse says. I look at my father one last time and hugged him and walked with the nurse.

We were ascending the stairs when I noticed something, I look up, someone was there, tying a rope of clothes. he was about to hand himself. While muttering, "I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky." I look at the nurse and she just shrugs. "Hey, do you see that?" 

I hurry up, and just kept looking up. "I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky." He goes on. "Stiles, wait for me." The nurse says. "I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky." 

"That guy up there." I point out and just kept ascending. "I can swim in the ocean,yet still remain dry. I can swim in the ocean, yet still remain dry. I can swim in the ocean, yet still remain dry..." He recites a different line. He was about to jump now. "Stop! Somebody stop him!" I yell. I hurried even more but it was too late, he jumped and now is dead. The nurse yells in shock. Staff, patients, were gathered below, seeing the hanging body. But one caught my eye. The Nogitsune is here.  It followed me. 

"Okay, I know there's the whole 72 hour thing but I'd really need to use the phone." I said to them as they were leading me into my room. "The accident that occurred is being taken care of." The attendant says. "You're seriously referring to that as an accident?" I retort. What? It's not really an 'accident' "Incident." the attendant corrects. "Slightly better. Still need to use the phone. Just five minutes. Three minutes, please. A three minute call." I said, " Would you like to go to sleep, Stiles, or would you like to be introduced to our five-point restraint system?" She threatens me. "I would go with sleep." The boy behind me, who was strapped to the bed, says. She closes the door and locks it. "Hey, wait, wait, wait!" 

I sigh, "I'm Oliver." He spoke behind me. "Stiles." I reply. "There was a suicide, huh?" He asks, "Yeah." I reply. "Is it Monday? There's a much higher rate of suicide on Mondays." He keeps on talking. :Um, hey, can someone... Someone just please let me out of here. Someone. Anyone." I plead, still yelling. "I heard it by the way. It happened in the stairwell, right?" He says. I turn to him, "Yeah. How'd you know that?" 

"I heard the echo." He says. "What do you mean?" I ask him, "It's this place. Something about the way that it was built. Everything echoes. Eventually. That's why they call it Echo House."

--Allison

Scott, Colline and I were in the animal clinic. On the speaker phone was Chris. He was still at the station even after the explosion that was placed in the Sherriff's office. "Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" Chris asks, "Only minor. The white wolf was exactlywhere you said it would be.But we have two problems now." Deaton says looking at us, "First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days." Deaton says.

"But while it does work, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?"

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the Oni there as well." Deaton says. "What's the second problem?" Chris asks.

"I checked with your contacts in Japan. The Yakuza Boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll." Deaton says. "What scroll?" Colline asks, "A Shugendo Scroll. The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan. The scroll had information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune." Deaton answers.

"So we need to find that scroll?"

"Exactly. And I did get a name of the man who last purchased it. Kincaid."

Oh my god. He was the one who tried to kill Isaac when we went off to meet with Katashi. "He was with Katashi. He's the guy who met with Isaac to buy the gun." I say. "Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself."

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things."

"And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on him at all times."

"What does a Shugendo Scroll look like?" I ask Deaton. "Something like this." Deaton rummaged through his stuff and showed me a scroll. "Do these come in different sizes?" I ask him. "Any size." He replies. "Then I think I know where it might be." I say. The scroll was in Katashi's finger. His prostetic finger.

//