Chapter 24 - Truth or Dare

Start from the beginning

"Zeke," Isaac warns and they do the mind conversation thing.

"If it bothers you that much, i'll stay away from you and you can just pretend i'm not here," I glare at him and walk away.

"Where are you going?" He walks beside me.

"Leave me alone."

"No, I don't want you walking around alone here."

I stand next to the kitchen counter, "Why do you care?"

"I don't. I just know if something happens to you i'll be the one that needs to get you out of it."

Asshole. I look at the bottle in my hands. I'll show Zeke that I can fit in. I'm not a pathetic little nerd like he thinks I am.

Z E K E B L A K E L Y

Marnie opens the bottle of vodka and takes a drink. I cringe at the shock she's gonna feel when it goes down her throat.

"Ouch," her hands go to her throat and I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah, burns like a bitch." I wonder if one day she'll crave that burn the way I do right now.

"Why do people like this? It's disgusting," she looks at it in disgust, then takes another drink.

"What are you doing?" I take it from her and set it on the counter.

"Having fun."

"This isn't the way to have fun."

"Stop being such a hypocrite; you drink all the time," she reaches for the bottle but I stop her.

I try not to look at her chest, popping out of that sexy dress. "Not anymore." I've been trying to stop drinking. Something's changed in me, and I don't know why, but I don't want to be like this anymore. I hate coming home drunk and seeing my mom's sad face. I don't want to disappoint her anymore. I just want to be... better.

"Well I want to try it," once again, she reaches for the bottle but I push her had away.

"If you are going to drink then at least have something lighter," I scan the row of drinks on the counter and pick up a beer, opening it for her and handing it over.

She takes a drink and grimaces, "Ew."

"Marnie, you okay?" Zoey comes over.

"I'm fine. Let's dance," she pulls her away and Zoey laughs.

Left alone, I sit up on the counter and study the idiots around me. I'm having fun watching and judging everyone until Isaac and Maggie appear in front of me. They both smell of cigarettes.

"Where's your girl?" Isaac asks.

"She's not my girl, Wilson."

"You wish she was," Maggie smirks. I look at her, trying to figure out if the smoke stench is coming from her or just Isaac.

"Come here," I motion for her to come closer and jump down from the countertop.

"Why?"

I pull her closer to me she lean in, smelling her. I don't even care if I look like an idiot. I won't let my sister make the mistakes I do.

"What are you doing?" She pushes me away.

"You smell like smoke that's been covered up with perfume."

"I don't smoke," she moves closer to Isaac. "You must just smell it off me because I've been with Isaac."

"Bullshit. Isaac don't influence my sister."