The Hickey

Dan was embarrassed. He was embarrassed with the situation and himself in general. He was embarrassed for even contemplating asking for this, and he was embarrassed that he'd already stood up and made to go to Phil's room.

Everyone knew Dan was gay, he'd come out in high school and that had been that, nothing more to it. Or, that's what he had thought. What he didn't realize at the time was that his romantic life would move a lot slower than everyone else his age. While other kids were making out against walls and shoving their hands down each other's pants, he was still trying to figure out which boys liked boys.

This explained why Dan was a twenty-three year old man, who'd shared only a few random kisses and had almost had sex once, but ultimately chickened out. It also explained why he had never gotten a hickey in his life. It was something that he had constantly wondered about, knowing how people made them seem. But how could someone sucking on your skin feel good? It just seemed kind of creepy.

Still, Dan wanted to know what it was like, and in a sudden moment of desperation he'd been out of his bed and across the hall. He stood there for a moment awkwardly, not sure how he was supposed to ask his best friend for this. He and Phil were really close after all, would it be too weird for Phil to do this for him? Or would he just understand that Dan was curious, and wanted nothing more than a hickey?

Deciding to just grow a pair and see if Phil would actually do it, Dan knocked on the door, and entered after an invitation. He stood on the threshold, Phil giving him a curious look, and before he knew it he was breathing in and spewing out.

"Will you give me a hickey?" He said quickly, before realizing that that's not what he wanted to say at all. He wanted to explain that he'd never had one and was just curious and that Phil obviously didn't have to if he didn't want to and now Phil would think he's a freak and-

"Okay."

"I- What?" Dan asked, eyeing Phil apprehensively. Was he really going to give Dan a hickey? He didn't want to get his hopes up only to have Phil joke around.

"I said okay. Come here," Phil said, beckoning him. Dan walked cautiously towards Phil, until he was standing just to the side of him, Phil still sitting on the bed. He patted his lap.

Dan felt awkward crawling onto his best friend's lap, his knees on either side of Phil's thighs, although Phil didn't seem to mind. Dan's face was a permanent fixture of red, and it seemed as though it would stay that way. Dan cleared his throat awkwardly, trying his best to make eye contact with Phil, his eyes sliding back downwards every time he did.

"I've just never had one. I'm curious," Dan mumbled finally, and Phil nodded.

"That's fine," he said. Dan wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers, and Phil smirked at him.

"I'm gonna do it now," Phil warned, and Dan nodded, releasing a shaky breath.

Phil leaned forward, his hands tracing small circles on Dan's back, and his mouth brushed lightly over Dan's collarbones, hot breath washing over Dan's neck. He found himself shivering at the contact despite the warm breath, and Dan wondered absentmindedly if he was even going to like this. After all, he usually hated being touched on the neck.

The ebony haired boy traced his mouth across the other's neck, who fought to keep his breath steady. Lips were moving over skin, lightly and fleetingly. Dan wondered when he would get the hickey.

Suddenly Phil's lips had seemed to have found a location because his lips were locking and he was sucking lightly, and his tongue was heavenly against Dan's neck. Dan found himself leaning a bit to the side, giving Phil room to work. Phil began to suck more harshly, and Dan couldn't control his breathing, couldn't control the harsh pants that fled from his lips.

Then Phil was nipping and soothing and kissing and sucking and Dan was embarrassed because he was moaning and his hands were clamped in Phil's shirt. Phil panted against Dan's neck, and the hot air felt heavenly and Dan wanted to moan just from that, but that would be even more embarrassing.

In one second Dan was on Phil's lap and the next Phil was pushing him off and onto the bed, crawling over Dan and straddling him. His mouth was searching against Dan's neck and Dan feet were digging into Phil's bed. Then Phil had found it, a sweet spot on Dan's neck, and Dan was moaning louder as Phil's tongue worked magic. After another hickey or two Phil pulled away, panting, and Dan slowly released the death grip he had on Phil's shirt.

"Was that good?" Phil asked, and Dan had to blink the spots out of his eyes, as they'd been clench shut so tightly.

"Really good," Dan gasped, and Phil smiled at him.

"Tell me if you ever want another hickey," Phil said, backing away from Dan. "Or anything else."

Dan gulped and considered telling him that he'd never gotten a blowjob before.