Avery and Nathan

A/N so MadihaBhamani has asked me if I could elaborate on Avery and Nathan's upcoming relationship. So this and maybe the next chapter will mainly be about them and not about Maya's life.
WARNING- LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!
Nathan's pov
Shaking off the weird feeling that Maya gave me I walked back over to the group. Why would I listen to Maya anyway? I mean it's not like she's important, right? I walk over to Riley since basically everyone else has been ignoring her all day. "Hey Riles." I say.
She looks up and puts on the Riley smile. "Hey Nathan." She says cheerfully. I can tell it's fake. "I saw Maya talking to you earlier while you were alone. Are you ok?" I ask her trying to make conversation. "She said stuff about the fact that I have no real hobbies or problems in my life and that I should quit acting like I did. But then again she may have a point." She sighs. I frown.
"Why would she have a point? That is rather rude to say to someone."
"She told me about what she does. She sells art for money to pay the bills, she sings for money to buy enough food, she studies hard and is trying to get a scholarship without anyone knowing that she is. Sometimes Missy kicks her out of her own house because Cassidy is having a sleepover. The girls had a sleepover last night- without me- so I'm guessing last night she might have slept in the park!" She says with out taking a breath. Wow. Maybe she had a point. It seemed the only person in out school doing something to survive is Maya. Missy kicking her out is not okay either. "Wow ok. I get your point. Now if you excuse me I have to go and do something." I say smiling slightly.

I walk over to Missy. "Hey sweety where have you been?" She asks leaning on for a kiss. I dodge it and she gets my cheek. "W-whats wrong?" She asks me. I roll my eyes. "I've been hearing some rumours. And not the good kind. I also feel as if their is not that spark that we had at the start anymore. In other words I'm breaking up with you." I say before walking out of the shop.

When I get home I see Lucas' car. You may not know this but Lucas is my older brother. For once I'm glad he is here. Maybe he can help me out. I have two problems at the moment on my mind. And he's an expert at both of them. I walk into his bedroom knocking on his door slightly. "What's up Bro?" He says sitting up on the bed. "I have a problem. Two actually. I was hoping you could help me out?" I say. We don't usually talk much unless we are with friends. He nods, ushering me to sit in the seat in the corner. "So what is problem number one?" He asks me smiling. "I just broke up with Missy. I think I have feelings for Avery and I think she likes me but I don't know for sure. I don't know how to ask her out either. Missy is in our group so it might me awkward. What do I do?" I explain. He thinks for about half a second. "Well if she does like you back then you should maybe slowing ease into it. Like sitting beside her at lunch, dropping a few hints, maybe the odd flirt. If she replies eagerly then you should ask her out.  It doesn't matter if Missy doesn't like it or not. She's not you or Avery. It's up to you guys. So what is problem number two?" He answers. Yeesh. He's good. I came to the right person.  I hoe might came to the right person for this next one too. "Maya Hart."

"Maya Hart? What about her? Is she giving you trouble or something. I mean I know she's not the nicest but she seems okay to me." He answers suddenly defensive.  Yep. I came to the right person. "No no. It's  not like that. She was talking to Riley earlier today and Riley told me that Maya was bullying her." Lucas frowns.
"What did she say to Riley?"
"Saying that Riley doesn't have any useful hobbies or any real problems in life compared to her." I explain. Lucas nods slowly not quite understanding why this was a problem of mine. "And what do I have to do with this?"
"I just want to know what you now about her." I answer truthfully. "Okay.... what do yoh already know?" He asks me
"Well, I know Cassidy is her sister, she has a Father who ran off, a mother who leaves for aged looking for him only coming back for a short period of time, she sells art for money to pay bills, she sings for people to get money to buy food, she works hard in school but doesn't want anyone to know it and at the moment is trying to get a scholarship for college. I know that she used to hang out with a few people at the start of the year but then seemed to drift away from them." I say racking my brain to see if I knew anything else. "Ok. Well first of all; she did not drift apart from them, they betrayed her. She keeps to herself because she has trust issues. She is a quick thinker- especially when it comes to coming up with nicknames for me, she doesn't like Riley because they used to be best friends until Riley got into the cheerleading team and abandoned her, she is scared of getting abandoned again that's another reason she keeps to her self, unlike other girls she doesn't care as much abut her looks and tends to keep it natural- which causes most of the boys in this school to swoon but they are to scared to get hurt, earlier this year on her way home an old creepy gut tried to attack her and rape her- she handled him easily with a few kicks and punches- hence the nickname 'bad news', although she is popular she doesn't want to admit because she hates the attention." He says. I look at him wide-eyed. "Ok thanks for the help and all but how do you know so much about her? You said she keeps to herself right? So why would she tell you all this? Why are you an expert on Maya Hart?" I ask curiously. He looks down sheepishly. "I've always seen in her classes- almost everyone of them, and we this little game going on I guess since we are from Texas- that's where she gets all the nickname's from. That's it." He answers. I'm guessing that's only half of it considering it didn't explain how he knew about the old creepy guy or why she would want to always sit alone. I look back to him and notice an odd look on his face. Deciding to leave him to his thoughts I leave his room and leave him in peace.

Avery's pov
Oh my god! Nathan  broke up with Missy! I actually have a chance! But- no. I couldn't. He was Missy's ex. She would never forgive me. She is one of my best friends. I can't do that to her. But on the other hand I really like him and I have to make decisions for myself and not always for others.

After leaving the mall Cassidy, Riley and I decide to head over to my place and hang for a bit. "So um you guys had a sleepover last night," Riley asks softly. I nod. "Yeah over at Cassidy's why didn't you come. I told Missy to invite you." Riley looks shocked.
"I didn't get any invite. I found out from a source." She answers.
"Who?" Cassidy suddenly asks.
"Your sister Maya. Wile yup guys were at the clothes I was looking at the movies and then suddenly there she was. Does Missy seriously kick her out of the house when we have sleepovers?" Riley asks. Cassidy nods slowly. I never knew that. Then again how would I? Missy was always the first one to arrive. "Oh My god! Where does she go?" I ask suddenly concerned. Cassidy shrugs. "Dunno. She disappears until the morning. When she gets home she eats gets changed and either goes of to one of her three jobs or goes to the park to draw before any of us wake up. The only sign that she leaves is a small note that always says the same thing- I ate my breakfast. Didn't want to wake your bitch friends-epically Missy. Off at work. Be home at 6." I was totally caught off guard. "Wait she works??" I say almost shouting. "Yeah. She sells her artwork, sings- either on the street or actually being hired for some party or social event- and sometimes waitresses at Topanga's or helps put somewhere else if we need some extra money." Cassidy says suddenly ashamed. "What about you?" Riley asks softly. Cassidy looks down proving that she doesn't.  "Let's get off this topic ok. Avery did you gear Nathan broke up with Missy?" Riley said changing the subject. I instantly blush. "Yeah I heard. It's cool." I say as cooly as possible. "Have you guys seen how quickly the Friar family falls so quickly?" Cassidy pipes up. Riley and I frown. I realised just then how much Riley and I look alike. We had the same facial expressions. "Oh come on guys have you not noticed how much Nathan is crushing on you Avery?" She asks.  I blushed again. "You said Friar boys. Meaning more than one," Riley said expectantly. "Oh come on guys! Lucas is head over heels for Maya. I mean have you seen the way he flirts with her, smiles every time she calls him a nickname or taunts him. How much he knows about her! Come to think about it yet might know more about her than I do! And I know that because he won't stop talking about her! Oh my god! You guys are so oblivious!" Riley's eyes widen as do mine. We are oblivious. Cassidy is right. Just he mention of Maya's name and lucas falls into another story about her or their 'little game'. I opened my mouth about to speak when a cellphone rang. It was the milkshake song; you know the one from mean girls. The only problem was that we all had the exact same ring tone. Cassidy checked her phone first. Nope. Then Riley. Nada. It had to be mine so I quickly picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Hey Avery its Nathan. Can we talk?"

______________________
OK so I said it would be mainly about Avery and Nathan but I am going to add a bit of one sided lucaya on there. It is only going to be one sided at the moment and may carry on  to be both sided in the future.
You never know.

Don't forget to comment and vote!