Chapter 23 (unedited)

Beta Jay's POV

I explain to Alpha Thaddeus everything that Annabel wanted me to say and he takes it all in. "She wants to meet in three days at this location," I tell him circling the area on the map in front of us.

"I need to notify the groups I sent out earlier and get them to return. Except for the group I sent out west, I'll get them to meet me here," he says and I nod. "While I'm away you are in charge. No one is to leave or enter the pack. Put anyone in cells if they do not listen."

I nod taking in the usual rules. "Are you taking anyone?"

"Richard," he says. I nod thinking of our best pack doctor. That was a smart choice.

He departs from my office and leaves my house. I turn around and walk out straight into my Mate who continues to watch me curiously.

"That was the Luna right?" She asks but I know she already knows.

"Yes."

"Why isn't she here?"

I shrug sliding my hands into my pockets. "She has personal matters to attend to. She'll be back in a few days."

Natalia continues to stare up at me curiously, clearly not believing what I just said.

"Are your brothers asleep?" I ask changing the subject. She nods her head.

"The Alpha is going out to go get her right?" I nod as I walk straight into the kitchen, with her on my heels. "Liam is going to try and sneak into the pack when he realizes the Alpha is leaving."

I turn to her. "I don't think you understand the Dark Moons reputation."

"Clearly, but I do understand Liam and how he thinks."

"Don't worry. No one is going to lay a hand on you," I tell her seriously grabbing a drink. "If they do, their sealing their death."

"I don't care what happens to me, I just want my brothers safe." The determined tone in her voice makes me place my cup of water down and fully turn to her.

Placing my hands on her shoulders, I step closer filling the gap between us. Her face goes pink and she looks down but I lift her chin up. "No matter what, nothing is going to happen to you or your brothers. I promise."

She nods and we stay like this for a moment. Her eyes flicker over my face the same way mine are. I take in her mysterious eyes, her defined nose and her full lips that seem to invite me forward. My Wolf urges me to close the gap between our lips but I know I can't do it. I don't want to scare her away.

With the most resistance I've had in a while, I pull away from her looking away to pretend like I didn't notice the disappointment flash within her features.

"I have to get back to my position," I blurt out. It's only one in the morning and I gotta go secure the perimeter. This new schedule had me outside way more often then I'd like. "Later on, we can discuss your brothers getting accepted into the pack."

"What about me?"

"You are the Mate to the Beta," I point out, only saying it because I love calling her mine. "Technically you don't need to go through the whole blood process. When we Mate, you'll be a member of this pack."

She looks at me alarmed at the word Mate, code word for sexual intercourse. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink and she looks down at her feet. This Natalia was not the same as the one I brought in a few days ago. She kept blushing and was shy, not like her other personality where she rolled her eyes and gave an attitude to the extreme.

"What if I want to do the ceremony with my brothers?"

"Then that could be arranged," I tell her. She looks somewhat relieved.