s*t*a*r*s 6 - pt 93

Start from the beginning

            “I was expecting more than a grunt,” admits Amy with a shrug, seeing Tegan and winking at her daughter who bounds over to her, connecting the new group with the larger group that has been waiting at the staging area.

            “Mom!” yells Tegan.  “I need a new phone, Spencer zapped mine.”

            “I didn’t do it on purpose,” laments Spencer with a hot sigh.  “I just used it, and bang, I told you I’d get you a new one.  We can’t use them on the island anyway what is the rush?” 

            “”Temper, temper,” chides Sydney thinking that Tegan likes to push everyone’s buttons at times and she is rather good at it. 

            “The peacemaker,” sighs Rylee dramatically with a hand to her heart, tossing her head back, her silky hair falling over her shoulders. 

            Everyone laughs, the teens seem very at ease with one another, and it seems that everyone is accounted for.  Sam and Shaun are nowhere to be seen, so Alysse has them stricken from their groups. 

            The host of the day, a rather handsome man with piercing blue eyes began dividing them up into teams, there are fourteen teams, Team Pink consists of, Alysse, Camilla, Jo, Bev, Helen, Rylee, Abby, who is Darci’s daughter and had yet to show up, Tegan and Joss.  The Grey team, is comprised of, Rosita, Lana, Amy, Nina, Harley, Spencer, Sydney, Emma and Becca.

            “Where is this Abby woman?  I really hate it when people are late, or don’t show up, I mean, what is that?  Where is she?” demands Alysse who seems to be on some sort of power trip.  Stomping her foot as it to emphasize that someone is late and that it isn’t sitting well with her.

            “With her mother, cool it, Alysse, Darci is setting up, she’s one of the medics for this thing, you know, in case you break a nail,” says Jo as Bev kisses her neck, Jo turns, capturing her lips.  “Later, I swear, you are cruising for a spanking.”

            “I think I am,” nods Bev elated that their so called fight had ended so easily.  She understands why Jo needs that space around her, a buffer to filter out the life of work and the life of her love. 

            Spencer sticks her fingers in her ears and says, “Lalalalalalala, too much information!”

            Rylee and Tegan make their way over to the joust, their first competition, when Abby comes bounding over to them, jumping on Rylee’s back.  “Sydney’s mom is here,” says the dark skinned girl with luminous hazel eyes.  Rylee dumps her on the ground, laughing and helping her back up again, looking around for Shelby.

            “No way?” says Tegan turning to see her mom, Amy, giving Shelby a hug, lifting her up off the ground, making Tegan smile.  “You know it’s like none of them were ever apart,” thoughtfully says the blonde girl, with the same emerald green eyes as her mother.

            “Think we’ll ever be that close?” asks Rylee with a pensive grin.

            “Please, aren’t we already?’ asks Abby with attitude.  “So, I’m with you guys, huh?  I heard them calling out names, but I was on the phone.”

            “With who?” asks Tegan wiggling her eyebrows.

            “Whom, it’s with whom,” corrects Rylee.

            “Oh whatever,” laughs Tegan letting the question drop.

            “My dad, he finally returned a phone call.  Hey, Tegan, is that your mom over there snuggling up to that blonde?  She’s kinna earthy looking, not really Amy’s type is she?  Not like I’d know what another girls type is….”  Abby snaps her mouth shut, remembering where she was.  In the den of the lesbians.