1 | milkshake

1|

1|

milkshake

THE BELL RINGS, immediately jerking me out of my thoughts.

Shit.

Defeated, I look down at the tray I'm clutching in my hands, completely empty, then back to the horrendously long line of people in front of me. I can't believe I'm in this position again. What kind of crap school has their lunching hours so disorganized that half of the students spends their entire lunch break waiting in the cafeteria line and doesn't even get to pick up the lunch they paid for before the afternoon classes start?

I can't be late again. Mr. Jensen already gave me two warnings regarding my "always being late and irresponsible" how he would most likely put it, and I don't want to push him any further. The last thing I need is to be sent to the principal's office and waste the time I'm supposed to be spending at my hockey practice. The semifinals are just around the corner and Coach McKennedy has been very clear on needing to be present every single training, especially after we lost to Lincoln Park High by one damn point last season. 

Not to mention principal Joshi wouldn't hesitate with calling in my Mom, which would be probably more humiliating than anything. 

All around me, the students are cluttering out of the cafeteria, grumpy looks plastered on their faces, even though the majority of them is finishing chewing the food they got to pick up today. I try not to be bitter about it, but an involuntary sigh escapes my lips anyway. Fuck this stupid school. Fuck being hungry. Fuck all of the stupid classes.

Throwing the tray on top of the pile of all the other ones, I attempt to sashay my way toward the exit. 

Only, my attempt is cut short all of a sudden when an unexpected hit followed by a wet sensation washes over me. 

"Shit." Someone curses next to me at the same time I look down in confusion, my eyes dropping to the pink liquid spilled on the floor, mere inches away from my beaten up shoes.

"What the—"

"God." The male voice repeats and I whip my head to look at him. Shit. Stupid idea. "I didn't mean to —"

   Abruptly, he stops himself mid-sentence, causing me to furrow my brows.     

"Is there something on my face?" I snap at him, my voice coming out much sharper than intended. Appalled, his head draws back, as if I physically slapped him, but I don't feel remorse or regret for a single word. He just ruined my favorite shirt and haven't even given me a proper apology.

"Uh . . . no." He shakes his head and shifts his gaze back down to the front of my soaked shirt. "Can I . . . can I do something for you? I have a spare shirt in my locker, so if you would like. . ." He trails off awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck and I have to stop myself from letting my jaw hit the floor. 

I don't know what shocks me more, whether the fact that the guy in front of me is offering his spare shirt to a complete stranger, or the fact that the guy in front of me is Collin Adamms.

That Collin Adamms.

I realize I must be probably staring at him for a little too long so I shift my gaze down uncomfortably, focusing on the big splotch in the area of my chest and upper-stomach.

Collin Adamms, the creator of The Shameless Virginity Games himself, just spilled his milkshake on one of my favorite shirts. Making it completely see-through, which means that everyone can see my dark purple sports bra now. Oh.

Oh.

I get the stare he was giving me seconds ago. Asshole.

Taking a deep breath, I look up at him with annoyed look, then open my mouth to say something in return, when I'm suddenly cut off.

"Any trouble here, Col?" Jade Donnovan, the daughter of one of the biggest sponsors of Highland High appears at Collin's side, digging her red, perfectly manicured nails into his golden skin with the intensity of her grasp. It's such a freaking cliché that preventing my eyes from rolling all the way to the back of my skull pains me.

 I kind of expect Collin to tell her to back off, because there's no way anyone can enjoy being grasped like that, but he only shakes his head, his bright blue eyes never leaving my face. A brief thought flashes through my mind. I've never met face-to-face with him, and frankly, I don't think I've ever met with such a blazing color, especially not on someone with such golden shade of skin. "Nope. Everything fine." 

I guess their little reunion is a cue for me, so I make a turn toward the door. He's just as assholish as I've pegged him and thanks to his clumsiness, I'm definitely going to be late again. 

"Just wait here. I'm going to bring you the spare shirt, alright?" He orders me while stepping in front of me. 

I could take him up on that offer, but I don't want to. I don't want his shirt or his fake niceness, and I definitely don't want to feel like I owe him something. Rumors can be blown out of proportion, but if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that rumors at Highland High never lie. Certainly not the ones tied to Courtney Chapel who was unfortunate enough to get trapped in the spider web of the Shameless Foursome, at least.  

"Don't bother."

Then, without waiting for his response, I spin around and walk out of the cafeteria.

So, here comes the oficially first chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this at least half as much as I did writing it and if you did, please don't forget to vote or consider leaving a comment

So, here comes the oficially first chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this at least half as much as I did writing it and if you did, please don't forget to vote or consider leaving a comment. Mind sharing some of your thoughts?

update : i'm perfecting the plot a little, adding some more details in, so that's the reason why I decided to unpublish and re-publish the chapters again. this book means a lot to me and i want it to be as realistic and detailed as possible. thank you for understanding.

for a better visual of particular characters check out my pinterest boards on moonchildnessa.