Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Selena's POV

"Selena! Selena! Wake up!" 

I opened my eyes then closed them again as the brightness of the room temporarily blinded me.

I opened them again then my brain slowly processed the fact that I was on the floor in a hospital.

Justin.

He-

Fuck. 

I started crying again. I pulled my knees up to by chest and buried my face in my hands as I sobbed hysterically.

"Selena, Sel, listen to me. He's not dead. He's okay. He's not dead." Taylor repeated wrapping my arms around me.

"He's not?" I asked hopefully. "But you said that-" I cast my gaze to the doctor.

"You fainted before I finished what I was saying. We did lose him for a while but we managed to get his heart beat back. He's currently resting. He has three broken ribs with heavy bruising on the others. One of his lungs were punctured but thankfully that situation has been handled. He also has a concussion so we will keep him overnight for a few more days but other than that he will be okay."

That was the best thing I had ever heard.

"C-can I see him?"

"Yes but one at a time and like I said, he is resting so he will not be awake for maybe two or three hours."

"That's fine."

Everyone went before me because they all knew once I was in, there was no way in hell I was leaving that room.

I sat down on the chair next to him and gently took his hand in mine. He had a bandage covering his forehead and it was dotted with blood. That must have been where he hit his head. There was also an oxygen mask over his face.

Other than that, you couldn't really see any other damage.

My poor baby. He didn't deserve this.

I stayed where I was for God knows how long in silence, every so often my eyes would drift to the heart monitor just to confirm he was alive before they would go back to him.

Eventually he opened his eyes and I quickly allowed my palm to hover over them knowing just how painful the lights were.

I dropped my hand when his vision adjusted. He opened his mouth to speak but I held a hand up, signalling for him to wait.

I didn't know if he was allowed to yet.

I pressed the button for the nurse then quickly wiped away my tears.

I was a mess.

The doctor came in and explained everything to him then after they checked him over and made sure he was comfortable they left.

He was allowed to keep the mask off for a while but anytime breathing became a little difficult he had to put it back on.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I told him. He looked at me worriedly. "What about you? What's your injuries apart from your leg?"

"Not much, slight bruising on the ribs; none broken and a mild concussion. I got off lucky. You got the worst part."

"Good." My eyes shot to his.

"Good?" 

"Yeah. I'd prefer it be me than you." 

I didn't know what to say. He was perfect.