Chapter 14.

~River's Pov~

You know the feeling you get when you know that someone you love is lying to you and the hurt and betrayal you feel after they tell you something that you know is not the truth. But you still try your best not to say anything, because you want them to tell you the truth themselves. You want them to trust you and believe that you would never do anything to hurt them. You want to reassure them that you will always be there for them and that your love for them will only grow if they trust you enough to tell you their secrets.

That's exactly what I was doing right now.

" So your saying that I won't be able to see you until Saturday?"

Jayden shook his head and shifted from one foot to the other. " No, I don't have time. Zayne is sick and I have to cover for him at work tomorrow. I won't be able to make it to school either."

Do you want to know how I know he is lying? Well, I called Zayne today asking him and Mrs. Steele to come over for dinner tomorrow. Since it's Friday, they don't have work and we could use some bonding time with my parents. I mean, I wasn't just going to sit around and wait for my parents to ruin my relationship with Jayden. I love them, I really do, but right now nothing means more to me than Jayden. And I want them to accept and love him the way I do.

" Oh. I see." I turned away from him and stood up from the bench swallowingthe lump in my throat. Why is he lying to me? Does he not trust me enough to tell me what he is up to?

" Hey, hey " Jayden took hold of my wrist and turned me around to face so I was facing him.

I shook my head and forced a smile, I was trying to pretend like nothing was wrong. But I don't think I was doing a really good job.

" What's wrong? Are you sad that I won't be here tomorrow?" Jayden asked as he put his hands on my hips pulling me closer to him.

I didn't know what to say so I just nodded and hugged him tightly, pressing my face at the crook of his neck inhaling his manly and musky smell. I wriggled closer kissing his neck just so I could feel him closer.

" Don't worry baby. I'll make it up to you on Saturday." He teased and nibbled on my rigth earlobe. I closed my eyes in pleasure as he worked his way up to the top of my ear, he ran the top of his lip across the back of my ear and the bottom lip on the front. I moaned and instantly I moved my head away. I dindn't want to embarrass myself in the middle of the park. People could see us.

" Don't be sad baby. I'll take you out on Saturday, to make it up to you. Okay?" He said smiling.

I wanted to tell him that I didn't want him to do anything for me, that I just wanted him to tell me the truth. And that I wanted him to trust me.

But instead I just nodded. " Okay."

Jayden smiled and kissed my forehead. I slipped my hands around his waist hugging him. I didn't want to let him go. I know he was lying to me, but I couldn't be mad at him. I guess I was just disappointed. But I don't know if I'm disappointed in myself or him.

" We should head home now. It's getting late." I informed as I let go of him. He nodded and entwined our fingers as we began our walk home. It was late afternoon and it was getting dark now. The weather was nice, not to cold and not to hot. That's why I love it here in California at this time of the year.

I glanced back at Jayden, he was staring straight ahead with a small smile on his face. His dark hair was tousled, he had put in some wax making his hair shine from the street light in the park. He was wearing dark jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket. He looked like one of those models from a magazine. I was still surprised that someone as perfect as him would want to be with me. I'm not ugly or anything, but he is so much better than me. He is so calm and collected, but if you piss him off he can freak out.