Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

1 | Friday Night

Chapter 1: Friday Night

"Char hurry the hell up! If you go any slower I'm leaving your ass here!" My dear friend slams her fist on her car's hood in exaggeration.

    I continued to walk casually, deciding not to take her threat seriously. "You have five seconds before I drive to your house and eat your chips!" She added with a shout, and my eyes widened when I read the determined expression on her tan face.

    She wasn't someone that was easy to intimidate. She had the angelic look covered, with long, dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. Being a full-blooded German, she had naturally tan skin, which I secretly loathed, since it took hours under the sun before I saw a difference in my skin. Her figure was toned, since she often worked out or ran as a way to exhaust herself mentally and physically.

    At one point, she tried to convert me to her ways, but was unsuccessful when I couldn't even run a block.

    She was a tough bitch, but I loved her.

    So, I cussed under my breath, beginning to kick my legs under me so I could increase my speed. My eyes lifted, glaring at one of my best friends, Rebecca Bradly, who was now leaning against her car with a victorious smirk spread across her lips.

    This girl knew I absolutely despised running, yet she has no trouble making me run the fifty feet separating us.

    When I finally stood in front of her, I dropped my school bag onto the pavement harshly before leaning down as I rested my hands on my knees. My lungs expanded irregularly as I tried to grasp onto the air I so desperately needed.

    Once I felt like my insides were no longer on fire, I looked up, only to see her rolling her eyes. "Finally. God, you even run slow," she stated while crossing her arms over her chest.

    I followed her actions. "You say that, but who beat who in a race last month?" I sent her a smug look.

    She suddenly pushed herself off her car and pointed an accusing finger in my direction. "Hey, that's not fair! I had a sprained ankle." I looked down and released a sigh, hating that she was right. Looking back to her, I noticed her mimicking the same look I was fashioning just seconds ago. "So, congratulations, C. You won a race with a girl who couldn't even run."

I shrug my shoulders. "I may not be able to run, but I can out-read you any day," I shoot back and Becca simply glares.

"I'm sorry that not everyone can read a whole book in one sitting," she huffs out in response as she moves around the car, making her way to the front of the drivers side of the door.

    We both opened our separate doors at the same time while I grinned with satisfaction. It was only when we both sat down when she turned back to look at me with an excited expression. Her mood changed, just like that. "So, you ready to party tonight, C?"

    I cringed at the thought about tonight. "Do I really have to answer that?" I asked.

    Parties and I didn't have the best history together. When I got to high school, my freshman self was excited to go to any party that was hosted by anyone.

    But it wasn't long before I realized that each time I went, something bad seemed to happen before it ended after midnight.

    The last party I seemed to remember was just last year, but it hadn't finished with some drinks and dancing. Instead, while everyone was drinking all of Abigail's liquor, she had been taken to her parent's bedroom, where she was almost taken advantage of. If another guy hadn't walked in moments before... the thought often scared me.