Calm

It's been almost a week after that incident or more so situation. We went back to the pack house and every member of the pack was extremely happy their alpha was back. Since we were gone everyone was in high alert. James's Beta took over while we were “gone". However there was still a lot of work to cover. Which meant James being extremely busy.

I'm currently sitting on his bed, thinking. I was sitting at the edge. My legs were swaying back and forth as I tilted my head to the side. My breathing steady and calm. I was alone for most of the time. I continued thinking. How far have we came. How every little thing seems to almost ruin everything. It almost seems like if you make the wrong move you ruin ten times worse then what you wanted. Life.

An hour passed by and I was still in the same position as I was. Thinking. Not a second later there was a soft knock at the door and my head popped up.

“Hey."

“Hey," I said. The corners of his mouth twitched up into a smile.

James came in and sat next to me on his bed. He pulled me on his lap so I was straddling him. I laid my head in the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent. From then on his scent is the only thing that would get me calm. His strong arms were wrapped around my waist. Holding on for dear life. I just wanted him to hold me. To never let me go.

“I'm free for the rest of the day. Anything particular you wanted to do?"

I shook my head. “No, I just want you to hold me."

And that's what we did. Were in that same position. The only sounds where the sound of our breathing and our hearts beating from our chests. Calmness swept over us.

***

     It was a Sunday which means school tomorrow. Since everything happened occurred I wasn't really paying much attention in school. Which means I gotta catch up. I don't really wanna stay in highschool as appealing as that sounds.

    I arrived home At 7. Looked like James wasn't free at all. I understand though. I needed to get home and do the chores. I kissed him goodbye and walked towards my house. As I opened the door the familiar scent blew surrounded my nose.

“Anybody home!?" I yelled.

“Scarlet? Is that you honey?" The voice of my mother asked.

Who else would it be?

  I rolled my eyes. “Yes mom." I climbed the stairs of our two story house. I heard the TV playing in my parents room. I hesitantly Stepped over the threshold. “Hey mom." I went over and gave her a kiss on the cheek and did the same to dad. “Hey dad."

“Hi baby," my dad said. “Where were you?"

“At the pack house." I answered.

  My mother gazed looked at my face intently. Her lip pouted and her eyes squinted. “You look tired sweetheart." Her fingers brushed under my eyes.

“I'm exhausted." I admit. I'm just tired of thinking. I really did need rest. Especially if I wanted to go to school tomorrow.

“Go get some sleep. We'll see you In the morning," She said. She kissed my forehead and gave me a hug. I left their room and walked towards mine which was at the end of the hallway. I opened the door and went straight to the bathroom. After I took a shower and brushed my teeth I went out and put on my pajamas. I soon jumped into bed and pulled the covers over me. James being the last thing I think about before falling to sleep.