I want to burn with you tonight

Could that really be Isak?
Slowly, Even stood up and made his way to the door. His shaking hand wrapped itself around the doorknob and he opened up the door.
And there he was. A half-full beer in his left hand, leaning against the door frame, a shy smile on his face; Isak.
It was obvious how drunk he was.
He probably just wants to say goodbye, Even thought to himself, trying not to let his hopes up.
But what happened next, completely caught him off guard.

Isak, looking on the floor, let out a heartbreaking sob.

"I don't wanna go home yet." he said, his voice breaking. "I don't-" he hiccuped "-want to sleep alone tonight."
Even could literally feel his heart being torn apart.

"Hey..hey." he said and made a step towards the younger boy. He gently placed his hand on Isak's shoulder. "You don't have to go home tonight, you can stay here if you want to." Even said, rubbing his hand over Isak's shoulder. The touch made him feel all tingly inside.
Isak looked up. A single tear escaped his eye as his lips formed into a grateful smile.

"Thanks." he whispered.

Even smiled back. Without his permission, his hand found his way to Isak's cheek, softly wiping away the tear.
The boy looked at him with big eyes.

"Look-"Even began, "I'm going to bring you to my bedroom and then I'll sleep on the couch. Alright?"
Isak furrowed his brows. "I said.." he looked Even directly in the eyes "..I said I didn't want to sleep alone." he continued.

Evens breath hitched. Was he dreaming? Was this just a hallucination caused by too much alcohol? Even blinked. Once, twice. No, Isak was still standing there, looking back at Even.
"Oh." Even said. Seconds later he realized how dumb that must've sounded.
"I mean okay then I'll finish cleaning up and join you later in my..bed..uhm..bedroom." Even stuttered. Isak nodded enthusiastically.

Even took the beer out of Isak's left hand and then took his right hand in his own. As they got to Evens bedroom, the realization what was going on hit Even like a school bus.
He, Even Bech Næsheim, was holding Isak f*cking Valtersen's hand as he led him to his bed where they BOTH would sleep tonight. Next to each other.

Isak didn't seem to notice what was going on in the older boys head. As soon as he saw Evens bunk bed, he started giggling. Even looked at him, confused, but at the same time totally in awe about how adorable the boy was.
Isak let go of Evens hand and tried to climb up the ladder to the bed.

"Julieeeeet" Isak called out, as he climbed. "Julieeet, I am coming to save youuu." he yelled.
Even looked at the boy in disbelief. How was it possible for a human being to be this cute?
Isak struggled to place his feet on the last two steps of the ladder and began to tumble. Even saw this and sprinted to the bed, just in time to catch Isak in his arms.

"Wow. Your butt was so close to being on my floor." Even said, smiling down on Isak.
"Thanks Juliet, for catching me. If I had known you were down here all along, I wouldn't have climbed up in the first place, but...thanks." Isak said sarcastically. Even couldn't help but chuckle.

"Who said that you get to be Romeo?" Even asked, raising his eyebrows. "I am the older one and I was the one who just saved you." he continued. Isak crossed over his arms. He looked like a stubborn child who had just lost his lollipop.

"No. And now come with me to bed, Juliet, I'm tired and I need someone to be my little spoon so that I can fall asleep." Isak said, struggling to get out of Evens arms. "Fine, let's go to bed." Even answered and released the younger boy.
He didn't let it show that his heart was racing like an antelope being chased by a lion.

Even went to turn off the lights in the whole flat and then went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He would clean up tomorrow.
As he stood in front of the mirror, just like he did a few hours ago, Even couldn't believe how much had happened in that short amount of time. A few hours ago he hadn't once talked to Isak properly and now, he was already staying the night.
Even just hoped he wouldn't wake up tomorrow, realizing it had all been a dream. If it was, he never wanted it to end. 

Even got back into his bedroom, just to find Isak already curled up under the blanket. Even smiled to himself. He had to enjoy this moment as long as it lasted. Carefully not to make any loud noises, he climbed up to the bed and lay down next to the younger boy. Even lifted the blankets and slipped under them. Isak seemed to be half-awake half-asleep, because he mumbled: "What took you so long?" only to turn around and put his arms around Even's body.

"Sorry Romeo." Even answered and chuckled into his pillow.
"Don't laugh at me." Isak said, but it sounded more like a whisper.
"I would never." Even said sincerely and took Isak's hand in his.

Even hoped that tomorrow, maybe the boys could talk in an non-alcoholic state. Maybe Isak would tell him why he didn't want to go home. But maybe, Isak would regret what he did this night and be angry at Even for letting him stay. The thoughts in Even's head were like a tornado.
The last thing Even heard was Isak's cute little yawn, then he drifted into the best sleep he ever had.