Interview 1: MissKellyMay

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? 
 I'm 21, i actually work as a childcare teacher, but writing is my #1 passion, i'm extremely awkward and shy, and i live in Sydney, Australia.

2. What inspired you to write?
 Definitely other writers, reading books like twilight, vampire academy, fallen, all those supernatural books really pushed me to give it a go.

3. Do you have a specific writing style?
I love to be as detailed as possible and as realistic as possible despite it being supernatural!

4. How did you come up with your titles? 
 I like titles that leave something to the imagination, yet pull people in, keeping it simple seems to work for any audience as we are naturally curious and want to know more.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 
Anything is possible, and it's okay to dream, no matter how far-fetched and cheesy it may be!

6. How much of the book is realistic? 
Crimson Ros, isn't very 'possible', and neither is Jake, but i like to write and portray the situation as realistically i can as if it is real.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
No, pretty much every storyline i have, is made up and comes from my own mind, it really is crazy in there

8. What books have most influenced your life most? 
 Crimson Rose (so far), it's popularity really made me more determined to be a writer and i've actually had it go to Harper Collins this year! fingers crossed! 

9. Describe your writing style in ten words or less.
Intricate, realistic, intimate.

10. Where do you get your ideas?
All of my ideas come from my own head, things as simple as driving to and from work, listening to music sometimes trigger story lines and plots.

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?
I love photography! I always have photo shoots booked with families or friends and their kids. I'm also a movie junkie, horror being my favorite.

12. What distinguishes good writing from bad writing?
 I'm very particular about what i read, it has to be well written, realistically written, it can be as far-fetched as anything and i can enjoy it, if it's written well (details, spelling, timing)

13. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
'Kelly Uncovered'? i'm not sure. I'm quiet, awkward, but i have a interesting history from being badly bullied in high school and some of my quirky (strange) personality traits and interests (I love import cars and figure skating!)

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?
 I would assume the bad guys! or the extra love interests i throw in to cause mayhem.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
 I would love to do writing as a career, but for now it's just a hobby until i can weasel my way into the spotlight i guess.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it? 
At the moment i'm trying really hard to continue Jake ll, and History with Hunter Raines

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 
Actually finding the time to write and update, i work 5 days a week 8 hours with screaming babies, it's exhausting, so it's hard to find motivation and time to actually write itself.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
 If you are passionate about something and don't give up, eventually it will be recognized, so keep at it if it's what you love!

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
 Thank you! my readers are my biggest motivation, without them, i wouldn't have come this far!

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Don't doubt yourself and let your imagination free, write about what's deep down in your soul, it's an amazing feeling to release and share with so many supporters out there :)