Prolouge: Like Father, Like Son

Bright lights flicker on too reveal two men walking down a long white corridor, a logo can be seen on the middle of every wall, the logo is a blue oval, written beneath it. 'Blue Mirror Laboratories, Searching for a brighter tomorrow.' The two men wear matching uniforms, a white lab coats also with the company logo imprented onto them and black suit trousers.

The two men are noticeably similar, although one is visibly older in appearance. They both share the same scruffy brown hair, their eyes the same rare colour pigmentation, the left eye being a lifeless grey the right a radiant emerald green.

"As its your experiment you get prioritised entrance Diablo." The elder male states, gesturing his right hand towards a doorway that leads to another room.

"Thank you father." Diablo replies swiping a key card he keeps around his neck. The door beeps allowing the men entry into their lab.

"The date is the 27th July, 2026. This is the first ever human testing of the cryogenic 10,000, previous test results show a 99.5% success rate." Diablo releases the button on his voice recorder and smiled at his father. "Are you ready."

"Ready as ever Diablo" he grinned back as he patted his son on the shoulder, Diablos father then begins to make his way towards a gigantic white pod like mechanism in the centre of the room. The machine has multiple tubes made from a dark grey foil coming out of it, and a huge panel computer with a variety buttons and leavers.

He looks back at his son, this time showing a more nervous smile, the father then hover his hand above a blue button for a second before pressing it. This causes a creeking noise as the metallic door with a small head height window on it to automatically swing open "okay here goes" his voice a little shaky as he walled into the cryogenic 10,000.

After his father enters the device Diablo walks up to the it closing the door, he continues to messes around with multiple leavers and buttons. "The time is 8:30am subject is in the cryogenic 10,000, his vitals are in check, commencing start up operation now"

Diablo enters some codes into a the panel on the mechanism and a loud humming begins echoing throughout the laboratory, this continues until Diablo father is fully cryogenically frozen.

Diablo proceeds to walks to a chair, and sits at an office sized desk, he retrieves his laptop from is bag and begins typing on it. "The time is now 8:35am, the cryogenic freezing process was a success and the subjects life support is working perfectly. Subject to be thawed out at 8:30 am, 28th July 2026". Diablo stays sat in the chair until he drifts to sleep.

Diablos alarm screeched as he raised his arm and hits the off button, he walks over to the built in kitchen that's attached to the laboratory,  it has a sink, a microwave and two white cupboards full of supplements.

Diablo opens a cupboard door and scavenges for something "damn, out of coffee. Guess I have to have a tea" Diablo mutters as he pulls out two tea bags. He fills two cups and takes them over to the desk he slept at.

Diablo sips his tea then checks his watch for the time, he proceeds to grabs the voice recorder from his pocket "the date is the 28th July 2026, and the time is 8:30am thawing procedure is to begin immediately" he returns his voice recorder.

Diablo makes his way to the white pod his father is in, he messes with a few buttons initiating the thawing sequence. The same hum from before can be heard filling the room. He stands watching the cryogenic 10,000 as his father's body starts to shift within the contraption. "subjects vitals are in perfect condition and he is showing no signs of any possible side affects. the experiment is a complete success" as he finishes his sentence the door opens and his dad staggers out in a daze.

Diablo grabs his father and escorts him to a chair. "Is it tomorrow already" his dad mumbled still half dazed, he pauses for a moment. an expression of extreme joy grows on his face "so it worked? we did it? okay son now its your turn" he smiles at Diablo and takes the voice recorder from him

"this is Dr Kennedy at 8:35am on the first test succeeded with flying colours, now onto the true intention of this experiment one week of being cryogenically frozen, subject to be thawed out at 8:30am 4th June 2026" as his father is speaking Diablo walks up to the cryogenic 10,000 and pushes a few buttons before entering the mechanism inside, as he enters his dad closes the door and initiates the machine. a familiar hum echo's through the room.