30. The first day of school

Info for this chapter!!!

Freshmen- Hazel (turns 14 in december/), Leo (age15), Calypso (current age15 but who knows her real age :D/anyway, she's 15 now and going to age normally)

SophomoresPiper (age15), Jason (age16), Connor (age16), Frank (age16)

Seniors- Percy and Annabeth (both age17/18 as that makes more sense to me with HS and all)

NOW ONTO THE STORY

Annabeth's POV

Feelings?
"Percy?" I whimpered silently.
Like I was going to faint right on the spot. Could be fun... He'd carry me back to the car like some damsel in distress and drive me to Camp for Apollo's kids to check me up only to tell me I should take a chill pill and give it a rest.
"Stop!" I took a deep breath and squeezed Percy's hand tighter. I'm not a weakling. I'm not- But the parking lot was swarming with kids and I couldn't help myself but wonder how many of them were disguised monsters thrilled to kill some fresh and tasty demigods or godlings ready to mess with us. We made our schedules with Paul so that they'd match all the way. Percy would take some of my classes of interest, I'd take his. And we had to take Latin because Percy claimed he wanted to understand the Romans when they were cursing or mocking him... But I knew he secretly wanted to make Chiron proud.
We had just a few classes with the Sophomores. And we'd be happy if we glanced Leo, Calypso or Hazel in the corridor or during a lunch break. Thinking of this didn't help at all. What if something happened and I couldn't get to everyone on time?
"Where's Piper?"
Percy apparently noticed my uneasiness by now as he rummaged through his bag to hand me his water bottle which I gratefully accepted. "It's gonna be okay this time, I promise. She's right there." Okay. "You didn't tell me you were this stressed. If I had known sooner we could have gone to the movies instead, haven't been there in ages either."
"So funny Percy..." I shouldered him out of pure necessity.
"The rest are right behind us. See? And they're fine." Percy was right.
Then I noticed why Jason and Piper stayed behind. Connor was running around, hugging the students, high fiving and sneaking around the cars suspiciously. Turned out that he put some stickers that read 'I'm parking like an idiot' on the cars, Percy's car included. Stole a few wallets that Jason and Piper had to grasp from him and fake find it to give it back to the owners... He also used the 'Kick me' and so on stickers. Which explained the hugging. Childish, but at least he didn't use anything like poison or live vermin.
"Let's help them. I swear he's like a magpie. Just a tad bigger." And so me and Piper locked Connor between us and Percy led the way through the corridors. Many teens stared. Maybe because 9 new students with no parents around seemed at least a little suspicious... But the best came when we met our former- and current again- classmates. They stuck with us as we walked to the office, showering us with questions. And it wasn't as anxious as before, most of them actually enjoyed we were back again.
"Where have you been?"
In Tartarus, it was a hoot, highly recommend at this time of the year. What about you?
"In California there's this amazing school where they wipe your past clean and give you a speed course," Percy said. I didn't know whether to hit or kiss him for such a brilliant answer but I just laughed.  
"We heard that you killed each other and escaped the town."
That was the smartest thing anyone has ever said. It made me laugh though, and especially Leo too because he was right there when we argued about the subject of when it was ok to give your child a taste of blue cookie. I claimed 8 months at least to which Percy suggested getting her adjusted to blue milk (very much jokingly but I didn't appreciate it at the time).
"Who are these kids? Are they your adopted siblings?"
"Uhhh-"
And it went like that.
"So what's the name of your baby?" Alana, the only girl from my class who I truly couldn't stand, asked.
"Victory," I replied with a ghost of smile at the memory of choosing her outfit with Percy this morning.
Everyone but Percy who I've talked to about it gasped, surprised, more like terrified of what I just got us into. Sure, we all knew that the first time they'd see us with Victory they'd suspect us to be the parents but admitting it right away? I was proud for such an innocent sweet little lie. That girl had no idea who she was dealing with now, I wouldn't be upset by her little games and I wasn't gonna let her hurt me or my friends' feelings. Alana's face expression was priceless. I didn't care that she was going to gossip about us. If that was her hobby and it was rather pitiful.
Who knew... When we finally got to the office door after walking through the crowded hallways in the bubble of our classmates, I understood why I needed this more than anything else. This was normal, and however different from camp- one couldn't handle problems in the arena for example- it was normal.
"And Annabeth is no longer Chase. We're married so while she's her own master and can tell you lovestruck guys and gals off, you better know you missed that event."
Okay maybe not so normal after all.
He smiled sweetly at every boy in his radius and I fought a blush threatening to spill on my face.
"I'm gonna kill him." I whispered to Piper. She snickered at that remark and pushed open the office door.
"Hello Miss- Jensky- Can I borrow that for a bit?" She pulled the microphone over with no resistance and I pressed the start button. The mic flashed it's signature green light. "Attention to all students, teachers and creatures within this school. I'm Piper McLean, one of the 9 new students, and we have some rules for you so you listen to that now and pull your friend's headphone out so he knows what's going on, please." Everyone was completely interested in Piper's voice now. Good.
"Me- Annabeth Chase Jackson, Hazel Levesque, Calypso uhm-" Piper looked at the girl. She shrugged and motioned around.
"What about Targaryen?" Leo chuckled. Calypso, probably already knowing what Game of Thrones was, shook her head and mouthed 'I don't know', hitting Leo afterwards.
"Say Valdez," Percy whispered. Connor chuckled, turning red from trying not to laugh at the absurdity of us. The trio was gonna drive us crazy one day. Piper nodded, laughing and un-paused the mic. "Calypso Val-daim."
Party pooper.
"Leo Valdez, Frank Zhang, Perseus Jackson, Connor Stoll and Jason Grace are under the regular 'don't be a douche protection. If you try to hurt any of us in any way, you will be dealt with. Or worse in monster cases. Treat us like your regular classmates, ignore the craziness we bring around. Don't like us? Leave us alone," Piper said, shuddering, obviously more and more tired with every word she said. Hazel was beginning to look pale too.
"Don't overdo yourself."
"I'm fine sparky," Piper shook her head.
Hazel was making sure they remembered. Those two and their powers...
"To all the present monsters, leave this place right now or remain studying peacefully if you desire so. We can take you and we will, trust me. And everyone, be nicer to each others, bullying is lame!" We had to smile at her attempt to end all wrong on Goode. Then Piper stumbled a little and I caught her arm.
"I think that's enough." I turned the device off, releasing everyone of her powers.
"You were great Pipes," Jason patted her shoulder. Leo fed her some ambrosia while Calypso gave it to Hazel. Just to be sure. When everyone snapped from the trance they were all normal again. Especially Alana with her judging look and unking smile. 
Chiron would never let us do what we just did but it was in everyone's best interest to do so.
"So... Here are your schedules and student cards. Do you need a guide sweethearts? Or will you show them around Annabeth? Percy?"
I liked this woman. She found me when I tried coming here after Percy's disappearance once. I got a panic attack, the first of all, right in the middle of history class and ran into her in the corridor. She took me to the school nurse and helped me through. Little did I know it was going to be a many episode thing instead of an occasional occurrence. 
"No thank you."
I had math with Percy, the sophomores chemistry and freshmen had sports' teams' presentations. 
The rest was quite smooth. Percy and Frank joined the swim team. Connor and Jason joined the basketball team and me and the rest of the girls and Leo decided to join the volleyball team with me and Piper, Hazel chose extra arts and as hard as I tried to focus on what the teacher was saying I just couldn't.
Sport's teams. Classes. Charmspeking all done. Snack. Teachers talking on and on...
Percy took my hand at the last ring and smiled at me.
"We did it."
"Yeah we did, desk buddy."
I smiled back at him.
The day was just 4 lessons so we left before the noon and headed home, the morning's panic long gone. It was friday... A good day. After all.