The New Man

Persephone

I was peacefully living in New York with Jared. He is funny, kind, cute and no doubt handsome. He makes me laugh everytime I feel bored.

Sometimes, my mind thought about Hades. How is he doing now? Is he finding me? Thoughts and thoughts came running in my mind. I should stop thinking about him.

We were here together in a market. It already is ten in the evening.  Jared and I bought food for a week. I wonder where he gets money even though he doesn't have a work.

"Today Jade we are going to meet some friends of mine. "Jared said. We walked towards a mini bar which was very noisy.

"This is noisy. "I told him. He smiled at me as he led me to a table.

"We'll be waiting for them here. "He said. I sighed. Jared was  strikingly attractive with his black denim pants and a plain white shirt.

We waited for about five minutes before three guys and two girls came towards and  greeted Jared.

"Okay... Franz, Joaquin, Dennis, Kimberly, Selina... meet Jade.. "he said. They all greeted me and I smiled at them. One of the girls straddled Jared and I felt a little bit  jealous.

They were all having fun and I really felt out of place. 

So I excused myself to go back home.

"Uhmm... "I cleared my throat for Jared to notice me. He was busy having fun with the two girls on either side of him.

"Oh Jade... do you want something? "He asked me quickly. I became annoyed.

"I just need some fresh air. "I reasoned. He nodded and winked at me.

I quickly got out of the bar and walked towards the nearest park. There I was watching a couple in front of me. They were looking so happy. I watched as they flirt, hugged and kissed. I wish to find a man that will love me forever. A man that I will love and who will love me back. I envied them so I started walking back to Hermes' house.

I suppose Jared won't notice I'm gone. As I walked towards Hermes' house, a hand quickly grabbed me and my heart beat rapidly. Hell! Am I going to be kidnapped again?

I thought of using my power but I realized this man might tell people about me. So I just let him.

"Lost dearie? "He asked. He reeked of alcohol and cigarettes and I hated it. I was trying to release myself away from his grip when he suddenly held my chin and made it face him. Then, he crashed his lips on mine.

I was trying to release myself from him but he was too strong. I hated it. He took my first kiss. As he ran out of breath, I took my chance to shout for help.

"Help!! Helpppp! Help!! "I shouted. I saw his hand was about move and land on my face when a man suddenly stopped it.

I moved to the side as I watched them fight. I took a look at the man and he looked exactly like Hades but with glasses.

As the fight ended, the drunk ran away from us as the guy who saved me turned and walked towards me.

"Are you alright? "He asked me. We made eye-contact. His steel-blue eyes met my warm chocolate brown one. I was mesmerized by his eyes.

Then I nodded and he walked away. He's a replica of Hades except for the glasses and his eyes. Hades' eyes were completely black while this man has steel-blue eyes. I run towards Hermes' house and there I quickly run into my bedroom.

Thoughts about him came running in my mind and as time passed by, I didn't know when I fell asleep.

Okay... who's the new man? How about Hades?.... stay tuned readers.

Ps:Don't forget to vote and comment.