Chapter 18

Hey guys!

EARLY UPDATE!

I ended up not having any homework tonight so I decided to update! I most likely will have time tomorrow cause I have no friends who like hanging out with me so I'll be home. ANYWAYS here's the chapter!

Dedicated to: @kingtre yes i would love that thanks! hahaha 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The drumming of someone's fingers against a hard surface was the only sound in the small cafe. Zayn sat in the back waiting for Perrie to get off for her lunch break. She had asked him to meet her there in thirty minutes but he decided to just go early and get some food. 

He also knew Nick was famous for randomly showing up at his house and eating all of the food he had in his refrigerator. If he wasn't home then he couldn't be sucked into anything he didn't want to do. 

Perrie was working the register that day and had seen Zayn walk in, she knew he was early. She had no idea what any of this was about. Zayn had texted her once after she had given her number to him, but they were just talking as friends. He had admitted to being bisexual but she didn't mind it at all. 

She glanced at the wall clock seeing she still had twenty minutes left until her break. Kat, one of the other waitresses at the cafe sighed watching Perrie glance at the clock every few minutes then over to the corner where Zayn sat stirring his coffee with a spoon and staring down into it like it could answer the meaning of life. 

"You can go early. I'll watch the register." Kat laughed eying Perrie as she jumped from the sudden voice behind her. She bit her lip blushing, she didn't realize she was that obvious.

"Oh, uhm thank you. I'll be back soon. I promise." Perrie nodded untying her apron and placing it on the back table. She walked out and over to where the raven haired man sat. She smiled as he looked up, his pearly whites smiling back at her. He looked tired though, like he had a lot on his mind. She would soon find out what exactly was eating him up inside. 

"Hey stranger" She laughed pulling out the chair and sitting down across from Zayn. He chuckled as the legs of the chair screeched against the marble tiles. She winced, blushing as the loud noise filled the quiet cafe. 

"Hey. How've you been?" Zayn asked, bringing his cup of coffee up to his lips, watching the blonde woman in front of him turn pink with embarrassment. She shrugged finally sitting down. She clasped her hands together and looked dead on at Zayn.

"I've been well, but we aren't here to discuss myself. Spill Mr." She demands, her lips twitch as she hides the smile that’s threatening to escape. 

"It's a long story." Zayn sighs leaning back in his seat. He was worried what would happen if he told her. He didn't know how she was going to react. She could take it one of two ways. One, she could flip out and call the police and he could end up in prison. Or two, she could be calm and let him explain everything and be the one to help him out of his problems. 

"I'm all ears" She nods crossing her legs and getting comfortable. Zayn bites his lip running his fingers through his quiff messing it up slightly. 

"I need you to keep an open mind about all of this, don't jump to conclusions before I finish." Zayn explains, his eyes trained on Perrie. She rolls her eyes nodding.

"I won't now spill!" She commands. Zayn smirks before falling back into a more serious tone. He takes a deep breath.

"Have I ever told you what I do?" Zayn asks deciding to just start there. Perrie shakes her head no at the question. Zayn nods.