Chapter 15 (Disappear)

Chapter 15

Disappear

Derek's P.O.V*

I rode in circles for a while before ditching my bike and heading to the hideout on foot. I refuse to be caught by the cops. I'm sick of going to jail. When Arabella finds out about this, she's going to be pissed.

I slipped into the alley and did the knock at the hideout door. Soon the door opened and I walked in. I went straight to Gavin's office where I found him with his head down on his desk. I slammed my fist down on the desk, making him jump up.

"What the hell?" He asked, dazed. "Oh hey Derek."

"You told me you'd handle who ever is framing me." I said, getting straight to the point.

"I'm handling it. I told you have eyes everywhere. What's going on?"

"There's been two more murders, and guess what. My finger prints are all over it, again."

"What do you want me to do? I'm doing just about everything."

"I want you to find whoever is doing this, or I will. And then they'll have a real reason to arrest me for."

"I'll take care of it." He said in a reassuring voice.

"Good."

I turned to leave, ready to get out of this town. I'll come back when things are less crazy.

"Where are you going?" Gavin asked me.

"I'm leaving town for a little while."

"You can't do that."

"Watch me."

"You signed your ass over to me. I need you here to work for me. You can stay here to keep under the radar."

"Why would I want to stay here?"

"Fine, then I'll let you use an apartment of mine. It's in the heart of the city so you should be able to blend in there."

"I've been broadcasted all over the news. I can't blend in anywhere."

"Here are the keys."

He reached into a desk drawer and pulled out a key ring with two keys on them. He tossed them to me and I caught them.

"It's apartment 14D on 36th street in Brooke Fields Apartments."

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

"Anytime."

I found myself taking the bus to the apartment. I ditched my bike and I just know the cops have their filthy paws all over my baby, getting her dirty. Hopefully they leave it and I can come back and get it later.

Soon I was standing in front of the apartment door. I stuck the key into the lock and twisted, smiling when I heard it click. I pushed the door opened a smiled at the apartment. It's surprisingly large. To the left was a medium sized kitchen with dark wood tones. It seemed to be fully stocked. Just on the other side of the kitchen was the living room that took up half of the apartment. Two, large open windows allowed me to look just over the city. A large flat screen was mounted on the wall and couches were set up facing it. To the right was a hallway where there were three bedrooms. One had a full bathroom connected while the other two would have to use the extra bathroom.

I walked over and sat on the couch. I turned my phone on and dialed Arabella. I was afraid she'd call me while I was trying to make my getaway, and distract me so I had turned my phone off.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" She asked, panicked.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"Where are you? What's going on?"