XII

Ember
I swear I've heard that voice, and seen that face and those eyes, but from where I can't seem to remember. I think I'm mistaking him for someone else, I mean I'm pretty sure I would recognize that face. Maybe the kid is new; he seems like your average good looking guy that all the girls swoon over. Those chocolate brown eyes could have all the girls at his feet, even me for shits sake. I've never understood people like him, get any and every girl he wants. Guys like him make me sick, but again even I'm attracted to him. He isn't like other guys I've seen though, he doesn't even glance at those girls, he keeps his head down, he just goes about his day. I have the urge to talk to him, to just be his friend but something in the back of my head tells me it's not a good idea. I stare at him for a couple more seconds before going to my next class. Weird thing is I can feel someone staring at me as I walk away.

     Blake stares at Ember walks away. He knew she was staring him but he never dared to look up. Blake knew that if he looked at her, he would've walked up to her like nothing ever happened. So instead he kept his head down until she left. He breathes a sigh of relief and turns to go to his next class. Nothing hurts him more than not being able to talk to Ember.  But he knows it's for the best, after all he's the reason for her pain: at least that's what he believes.

I sit down in my seat, as I get last nights homework out he walks in. I watch as he sits on the other side of the class. I didn't know he was in this class, shows how much I pay attention.
"Alright class, I have assigned a history project for you all to do. I know we are passed all the wars but this is your next project you'll have to do before spring break. This will be a partner project, I will be picking your partners. I know tragic." The class groaned at this, oh big deal it's a project you see your friends everyday.
"Alright first off: Stacey and Jack, Korean War. Paisley and Bennet, Crimean War. Beckett and James, Hundred Years' War. Ashley and Hayley, World War One." I began to zone out, I really don't care who I'm paired up with as long as they pull their weight to help with this. "And lastly, Blake and Ember, War Of The Roses." I see him tense up as Mr. Delman calls our names. He probably won't move, but as I get up to go over there he stands up and makes his way over to me. I smile at him as he sits down he just nods at me in acknowledgment.
"So you're Blake." He just nods his head. "Not much of a talker huh?" He looks at me, those brown boring into my soul, that's what it feels like anyway.
"Look can we just get started, the faster we get started the faster we'll be done ok?" He said gruffly. I muttered a small yeah and began working. Bell rang signaling the end of class.
"Hey can I have your number? So we can set a time and place to work on this?" He just looks at me, "You already have my number. Just look for my name." He said then he walked off.
Jesus what a dick, whatever, this project needs to get done then I won't have to deal with him really.