Chapter 30 (Check My Author's Note)

ابدأ من البداية

"I missed you so much, are you okay? You better be okay. I will go burn that damn police station if you're not." Charlotte says as she pulls her head back to examine me. I chuckle at her. She looks tired, her hair is wild and all over the place, her eyes are red and she is crying but she's asking if I'm okay. I just smile at her and place her back down on the ground. She hugs me again and I hug back.

"Charlotte, are you okay?" I ask her.

"I am now, I'll be able to rest easy knowing you're back with me." Charlotte says pulling away from me and going to hug Piper who squeezes the life out of her. Charlotte pulls away though and examines Piper.

"You better have a good reason for that hand mark on your face." Charlotte says. Piper laughs.

"She's already taken care of." Piper says and goes to get in the car. I look at Charlotte and she looks at me. She smiles and I just pull her in for a hug. She hugs me again, wiping her face on my shirt. 

"I'm never leaving you like that again." I whisper to her and she nods.

"Come on, I'm hungry." Charlotte says. She passes me the keys and walks around me to go open the passenger door but I grab her wrist before she opens the door and pull her back into me. Before she can even process what just happened I kiss her on the lips and I just feel like I'm on a cloud. She responds instantly and we pull away after a couple of seconds. 

"We'll talk about this later but just know I'm in love with you and I want us more than ever." I say and then I walk around the car to the driver's seat. She looked a little stunned and I'm hoping that's a good sign. Charlotte gets in the car and I peek a Piper through the rear view mirror to see her mouth is wide open in the O shape. She just smiles devilishly at me and I wink at her. She doesn't say anything.

"So what are we eating?" I ask the both of them as I start up my baby and drive off. God I missed my car. I sneak a glance at Charlotte and she looks lost in thought. 

"Charlotte." I say her name sharply and nothing. We come to a stop light so I stop and I squeeze her thigh to catch her attention. I know it works because she jumps and looks at me.

"Huh? What happened?" She asks and I just smirk then move my hand. 

"What do you want to eat?" I ask her.

"Oh um I want soul food." She says and I nearly moan just imagining the first time I tried it.

"What's that?" Piper asks.

"Oh yeah we're definitely getting that." I say and Charlotte smiles.

"No worries Pipes it's really good." I assure her. I turn on the radio and then quickly turn it on as trash blares out. 

"Char can you-?" I stop as she immediately pulls the aux cord out of the glove compartment and hooks up her phone. Caroline starts to play and I nearly kiss her.

"She's a bad thing, fine as hell, thick as fuck oh my god that's my baby Caroline." I start to sing along. I over hear Piper and Charlotte talking about me as I keep on going.

"Is he always like this?" Piper asks.

"This has been his favorite song for a while, I don't know how he's not over it." Charlotte answers but of course she and Piper join in for the chorus and I turn it up more as we continue singing the rest of the song. Eventually we pull up to the soul food spot and Charlotte gets out leaving Piper and I in the car.

"Hey if you want to invite your boyfriend over you can, I know you'll want someone to talk to." I say to Piper and she nods, almost immediately pulling out her phone. Piper gets off the phone around the same time Charlotte comes back and Charlotte was gone for a while.