Chapter 50

CHAPTER 50 WHAT THE ACTUAL HECKy

go read the intro to my luke fanfic on my profile :)

Iris- GooGoo Dolls

Harry's POV

One week later and here I am yet again.

"Harry!" Liam breathed the moment I stepped foot into the recording studio.

"Please tell me she's okay." He looked at me with pleading eyes.

Pinpoints of frustration and anger I longed to get out towards Liam, but never got the chance to, returned. The root to this equation remains unsolved but all I seem to know is that it adds up to him. He lied straight to both Georgia and I's face and not once looked back to show the remorse he should've barely conquered. He watched as both our souls dwindled and flew in separate directions even further after each day we hardly survived. He plastered a smile on that face of his like he did nothing wrong, like he was innocent.

"She's fine." I was calm and collected on the outside, but the inside of me burst into a whirlwind of emotion along with tears bypassing the guilt. Sure, Georgia's slowly regaining her health bit by bit in her own time but I will always hold that uneasy memory upon my shoulders of ever leaving her in the first place, of ever believing Liam.

I look back on it now and can't believe how easily I chose Liam's side. It burns me from the inside out to even think about the way Georgia felt when she realized I never believed her nor trusted her word, although it was her that told the truth in the latter.

"T-That's all?" His eyes poured into my soul, making me want to spill out my feelings and set aside the uncaring posture.

"Yep." I popped the p. I made sure my expression was unreadable and my walls were built up too tall to climb over and too thick to chip through.

"But, but..." His lip quivered.

"But what?" I shrugged.

"You're being insensitive." Liam whispered, trying to keep his composure but lacked greatly.

"I'm being insensitive?" My eyes widened and I let out a venomous laugh which noticeably pierced the surface of Liam's emotions.

"You're not so innocent yourself." I shot.

"You let three weeks fly by without even...even..." I lost my breath along with the sentence flying out my window. The stinging in my eyes became unbearable but I knew I couldn't let Liam see me cry, I have to contain myself no matter how difficult that may be.

"I know, I'm sorry about that mate. I apologized, I-I just don't know what else I could possibly do..." He scratched the back of his neck, looking at the ground.

"There's nothing you could do, that's the thing. You've done enough of ripping her apart." I winced, just thinking of those nights she was helpless and alone, her only friend being a razor blade.

"Harry, you can't blame me for all of this." Liam replied.

"And why not? You are the cause." Somewhere, deep inside, I knew his words were true. I just couldn't help but be quick to defend myself and use Liam as my excuse.

"First of all, I was not the cause. Yes, I may have came over my head, and I can admit that, but you and I both know the separation between the two of you was just a small event in all of this."

"Liam, I have no idea what you're going on about but-"

"If I know that Georgia has had a history of depression and self harm, you obviously do too. Sure, she stopped the-the cuts...but they never really left, not in her mind at least..."