° Chapter 52 °

(One week later)

Today is Thursday, tomorrow's last day of school and a party. Everything is ready for the final party. Clique leaders seem to act nervous lately, but it feels like they're slowly giving up, so today should end them.

Still no words from Simon. Even if I wanted to I don't have any time.

My friends and I (minus Simon) were standing in front of the school at the school benches. All the cliques were there together, some seemed miserable.

This week started horribly. People seem to be held back and not doing anything. They seem to have no motivation to break the rules and respect and love who they want to love.

Seeing Peter's face made me feel disguist and anger.

"This is it. I'm ending this." I said and stood up on the highest bench.

"You sure?" Mike asked me, gently pulling my sleeve.

"It's now or never." I said

"Hey, everyone!" I yelled

I hope Simon's watching.

"Listen what I've got to say!" I raised my voice, making sure everyone can hear me.

"We managed to break the rules once, and then lost motivation. We all lost motivation to break out of this. I know that everyone here wants to be happy with someone they love and respect, regardless of the clique or a group they're in! Just remember how happy you were when you felt free, and away from your clique so called 'leaders'. You don't need a fucking leader! You can take care of yourself and break out of this ridiculous system! We've wasted our years on these stupid rules! Do you want the future generations of this school to feel miserable and unhappy to the point they take their own life because their freedom wasn't accepted! Because those cases already happened! Isn't that sad?! " I was talking to all of them as they looked down or just stared. I continued.

"It sucks we've been wasting our time on something as stupid as these rules! We all used to say if we break the rules we're facing the trouble we don't want to get in, but now, this trouble means freedom! So, please...if we couldn't spend these years loving and respecting the people we always found interes in, let's do it now. We did it for a while before it recently changed. Let's do it again, for at least a day we've got remaining. Let's stop caring about fitting in and these unfair rules. That's all I wanted to say."

My heart started racing fast. Now I'm waiting for those glory cliche teenage films where I get the cheers from everyone listening.

In that moment everyone started cheering. The whole school and cliques.

Told you.

I noticed Peter in the wild student crowd. I raised my hand and showed him the middle finger.

I got down and Mike hugged me.

Everyone kept cheering. I heard a few people thanking me and the others.

"Miss Roberts, what is this fuss you've made? You're in big trouble." Mrs.Hillock, our English teacher, said.

She slightly pushed me to get inside the school.

People started booing a bit.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine!" I yelled to Mike.

"Move it, young lady." She said and kept walking behind me, slightly pushing me through the hallway.

"I can take it from here, don't worry." I heard Mr.Jackson speak. I'm going to miss his History lessions.

I smiled a bit, but making sure Mrs.Hillock can't see me.

"Are you sure?" She asked him with a slight disappointment in her eyes that she can't bring me by herself in much trouble.

"Yes." He said

She shook her head and left, slightly angry.

"I'm sorry I made some fuss out there." I looked down.

"You needed to make some trouble, didn't you?" Mr. Jackson chuckled and I quietly kept looking down.

"I'm proud of you." He said

"What?" I quickly expressed, rasing my head up.

"You convinced them. You did something that us teachers tired to do for years."

"Oh, thank you sir. I was just trying to make the rules go away."

"And, I guess,with all of that, you learned something." He said and continued

"I assume you learned that sometimes it's good to get in trouble to fight for what you believe it's fair. It's worth it."

"It was definitely worth it, sir." I said

"But I have to thank you for actually starting all this by the History projects you made us do. And believing in us. I'm going to miss your lessions." I said

"That's a wonderful thing to hear. Thank you, Annabelle." He said

"What are your plans for next year?" He asked me

"I still have to think about it. But it will definitely be something with art, maybe painting." I said

"Good luck, then. And stop by the school sometime." He said

"I will. Well, I'll have to check if this new student system will work out." I chuckled

"Bye, Annabelle."

"Bye." I said and quickly walked back to the front of school, so Mrs.Hillock can't see me.

I got to Taylor and she started showing me how good is the impact already been spreading around.

"Everyone's talking about it." She said and smiled, pointing at her phone.

"EVERYBODY! HOUSE PARTY AT MY HOUSE TOMORROW!" Mike yelled and people started cheering

"It's so easy to make them cheer." Mike chuckled.

"Look" He said and yelled my name again. Everyone started cheering.

"You're an idiot." Nathan chuckled

"Stop taking the piss, Mike." I laughed

"Everything ready for the party tomorrow?" I asked Pam

"Yeah." She smiled

"Good." I said and smiled back.

I just wish Simon was here right now. I really hope he heard what I said.

* Simon's POV *

I finished my training and walked to the school. I saw Annabelle, standing on the bench, starting to convince them about the clique situation.

I hid behind the wall, sneakily looking and listening to what she said.

"She's really doing this." Michael said as he stood next to me, lighting a cigarette.

"Yeah, I thought she wouldn't." I chuckled

I've been working with the rest of the clique for these two weeks, when Annabelle was at school. It's one of the reasons I took different scheduled classes.

I didn't wanted to approach her. I acted like an idiot and kept my distance so I can surprise her tomorrow at the party.

The words she's saying are so motivating and positive. I'm glad to see her doing this.

When she finished the speech, everyone cheered.

"Wow, that was..." Michael tried to express.

"Amazing." I continued and stared at her.

"I should've been right there." I added

"You have to talk to her, man." Michael said.

"Tomorrow at the party." I said

"Well, good luck." He said and stomped the cigarette.

I wish I was there and kissed her when she finished the speech. Tomorrow. I can't wait tomorrow. I hope she'll listen to me.